Elaine's report Footloose Saturday at Woking

Yorksheather

Elaine is having trouble posting on GPG at the moment and has asked me to post her report for her.

This was my second trip to Footloose, but this time not with Linda as she had family commitments so went with another friend, not a Gareth fan but went to Les Mis with me and said she would like to see Gareth in another show, Brian took the place of Linda. I was a bit worried as he didn't think it was his type of musical, but he really enjoyed it and I think was gobsmacked at Gareth superb acting, but would never admit to that of course. We had a meal first at the nearby Weatherspoons

We were on the front row in the centre great seats and was lovely to see familiar faces Caitlin and Sharon and Kimberley and her husband also on the front row. Also lovely to see Gill Wiek who very bravely came without her husband who usually does the driving.

The show was fantastic, even better than I remembered it as they have now been doing it for quite a while. Gareth was even better than last time, although I would not have thought that possible.

I can understand all the rave reviews as you cannot fault his acting in this show.

Not a lot I can say about the show as it has all been said

Can't help wondering what project he will do next, always think he can't get any better but funnily enough he always does, that man amazes me.

At the interval my friend went up two flights of steps to the merchandice stall and came back with a big colour programme with amazing glossy pics of the show and Gareth. This was not available at Stevenage and so I just had to have one and went up to get one. At £7 00 I thought it was well worth it for the beautiful pics alone, but why was no one walking round selling them as I saw no one else with it and I am sure they would have sold many if the audience had known about it.

At the end of the show everyone was on their feet for a standing ovation for this fabulous show.

We then went round to the stage door, to a little crowd gathering, and it wasn't long before the cast came out, then Gareth, there was a girl in a wheelchair and she was so excited to see him and have her pic taken with him.

Gareth was his usual smiley self always obliging and pleased to see his fans.

Saw him go to his car and we all went away happy and will look forward to the next time, when I see the show in October with Linda.

Will be a sad day when it finishes and then he will be busy rehearsing for the panto in Belfast, which I will have to give a miss.wonder what he will surprise us with next year, he never stops working, hope he will fit a holiday in before the panto starts.

A shame he had to shave his beard off just as he had got it perfect, but it would not have worked for his role of Willard and his fantastic facial expressions.

Guest NicolaJayne

Forgot to say thank you so much to Heather for being so kind posting my report as the phishing message won't let me post a new topic, but seems it will allow me to reply to a post.

Sorry you are having trouble posting Elaine. We do so hope this is sorted soon.

Thanks for posting the report Heather.

So glad you enjoyed it more second time Elaine. This seems to be the general feeling for some reason.Think the first time it all goes so quick and the second time you take more in.

Lovely to hear about the girl excited waiting to see him.

I must admit to preferring Gareth without the beard.

Who knows what is planned for next year. Whatever it is I think rest and relaxation needs to be incorporated in it.

Thank you so much for your lovely report Elaine :) and Heather for posting it for her, love the pics.

I agree Chris, rest and relaxation is definitely needed, he said in an interview he'll be taking a break think he said couple of months off after Feb and concentrate on his business but he needs to get his vocal cord injury fully recovered next year before doing anymore performing after what happened with Birmingham as there's just going to be more things like that happen to him unless he heals properly, of course its up to him and we can't tell himwhat to do but its the advice I would give personally.