The Lincoln Imp Scunthorpe 15/09/18

eternal

Gig review:

Gig Review // Gareth Gates at The Lincoln Imp

GIG REVIEW // GARETH GATES AT THE LINCOLN IMP

Gareth Gates first gained fame when he was runner up to Will young in the TV Series Pop Idol, before then going on to appear in theatre productions of shows including Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Les Miserables and Legally Blonde.

He also has found the time to launch his own brand of tea and appeared on Dancing on Ice.
With four number 1 hit singles and one number 1 album, Gareth has built up a huge fan base, with people travelling from as far as Leicester and Nottingham to see him perform.
The promoter William Nicklen, had booked Gareth to perform at the Lincoln Imp through his events company called Crown Promotion and Management, which has promoted many local events over the years but this was one of the biggest.
The event proved to be a success, with many fans saying how much they enjoyed the night and the venue, with Gareth even sharing on his social medi how much he loved he the venue.
The event started with the support acts who were female acoustic guitar duo Deliverance, followed by Franky Napolitano, George Burkill and Scribble Victory who are a popular male duo from Derby.

received_1596460447121915673958802031003

All acts put on enjoyable sets and did an excellent job of getting the crowd ready for the arrival of Gareth Gates.
Gareth performed for well over an hour with hits such as “Unchained Melody”, “Spirit in the Sky” and “Anyone of US” (Stupid Mistake), as well as performing cover versions including “Faith”, “I Believe I Can Fly”, “Footloose”, “Summer of 69”, “Sweet Child of Mine” and many more.
Gareth was enjoying himself so much that he even performed several more songs than he had on his set list.
He even invited fans on stage to sing along during some of his songs.
After the gig, Gareth came out and did a previously unannounced meet and greet with all fans who had purchased a ticket, which you just wouldn’t get at a bigger venue or you would have to pay a lot more for a VIP ticket to meet him.
Overall the event was well put together by the promoter and venue, with Gareth putting on a fun entertaining set.
received_5235897781140551161511722955946
I had a great time and look forward to seeing what events Will and the Imp have coming up, as Will says he is in discussion with several other well known names, so make sure you follow the Lincoln Imp and Crown Promotion and Management on Facebook so you don’t miss out on future events.

Photos & Review by Steven Potter

Thank you for sharing this lovely write up Chris and posting the gorgeous photos 🙂

I was meant to be going to the gig at David Lloyd’s Manchester as it’s my hometown but due to illness I couldn’t make it. I wanted to make up for missing out on David Lloyds but the only way possible was to stay in a hotel for this which was my first time doing so. As some know Sarahjane is unable to stay in a hotel due to her anxiety etc and needing to be on her way home the same night bless her I don’t think she’d be able to do it as even I felt a bit sad going to an unfamiliar place on my own to stay but I was ok once settled in lol, it wouldn’t bother me doing it again if I had to although I don’t really like to see him without Sarahjane as I know how much he means to her even though she’s happy for me to see him wherever he is, I just choose not to unless of course it’s my hometown which be silly to not go if circumstances allow.

It was a pub with a live music room by it. There were 4 acts on before Gareth which turns out I could of sat down for most of in the seating round the edges of the room as it wasn’t crowded at the front until nearly time for Gareth but was stood at the front throughout with Kirsty Wadd and another fan she had gone with. Think he sang more songs than was planned to as people just wanted more, it was mostly songs we’ve heard a lot which I didn’t video any of those but lovely to hear all the same, I thought to myself I should of brought a pen and paper and wrote down each song he sang.

I might have to post the videos in a separate post, not sure until I try it now. Here’s photos first

988F946D-77BC-4AC2-9D7D-176523123F03.jpeg

4032984D-17CE-4DC5-B765-0DC1C428B41A.jpeg

87DF8B94-AB97-45A3-9B61-C04AE868FF40.jpeg

DE4594F9-54B9-4BB4-9CDE-08B07CB09A82.jpeg

33514D97-5724-4FE2-8971-BA652EDAE93A.jpeg

OH Maria thanks so much for posting about your visit.

I think you are very brave going to stay in the hotel on your own.

Loving the photos and loving the videos even more. I  like Perfect the most, I think. There again I do love True Colours too.

Thanks again. Am sure to revisit them and change my mind.:blink: