Gareth & Faye

Val4Gareth

Thanks for posting this for Chris Val and I agree Kirsty the press had better not give Gareth a bashing and be all Faye Faye Faye, them taking a break could be for any number of reasons which no one knows about as that’s private and should be. I understand Gareth fans may be more for him and Faye’s fans more for her it things can be said in a respectful manner.

Gareth Gates has denied the "baffling" speculation about the cause of his split from Coronation Street's Faye Brookes.

Previously, The Sun reported that the reason behind their split was because Gareth was "controlling" – though Gareth has refuted the claims via his spokesperson.

His manager told The Express: "I've just spoken to Gareth about this. He told me this story has no truth to it whatsoever.

"We're baffled as to where it's come from!

"At this time they don't wish to disclose the personal reasons why. They remain the best of friends and hopefully after some time apart they'll be clearer on what the future holds for them."

Unfortunately @Gareth_Gates and I are choosing to take some time apart. We remain the very best of friends. We’d like to Thank you for all your support over the years x

Faye and Gareth announced their break-up via their official Twitter pages, with the former couple using the same statement.

Corrie's Faye wrote: "Unfortunately @Gareth_Gates and I are choosing to take some time apart.

"We remain the very best of friends. We'd like to Thank you for all your support over the years