Panto now 2021-2022 Cardiff

eternal

• 3 months later...

That’s the worrying thing, I’d say if there won’t be another spike then the pantos will be able to go ahead but as they say do they risk it, if there is another spike I’d say then there’s no way panto will be able to go ahead. The way things are going with packed beaches etc nothing is going to get better and be a matter of days, no more than a couple of weeks and things will go downhill again, I don’t know what I’m going to do if that happens 🙁

• 1 month later...

3rd August 2020 is here and this is the news from Qdos:

ImageCan only hope that this Panto is one that decides to go ahead.

It may be a lot to ask of the cast (as have seen others post elsewhere) that they have to self isolate and not able to go out to restaurants etc. Suppose it depends how much they want to perform.

Just heard about that Gareths Melody. It's completely understandable but you can't help feeling hugely for all those involved. Apparently 150,000 people attend this pantomine every year. I know for you and your family personally it must be such  a dissapointment too.

It's not fairing well for the Cardiff one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for letting us know Maria. There was half a chance it would go ahead but seems almost all has been cancelled.

Who knows in the future we may think it is all for the best and next year we will go to a full house without masks!

It is such a shame for everyone involved and for those whose only income is the Panto it must be an awful wrench. Let's home the government money goes some way towards helping.

I can't remember the year Gareth didn't do Panto but I wonder what he will do as it is so much part of both his and his families Christmas. Let's hope he can jet away somewhere nice and hot or do something he has always wanted to do at Christmas but not been able to.

For us it's😞

Thanks for posting about the panto. I'm not at all surprised that it won't be happening this year. It's a great shame for everyone involved and, with almost all pantos cancelled, yet another thing that will make Christmas very different this year. I hope that Gareth will still do the show next year, as I really enjoyed Aladdin in Milton Keynes several years ago.

Gareth did his first panto (Cinderella in Wimbledon) in 2008-9. Then in 2009-10 he was in the 25th anniversary tour of 'Les Miserables', so did not do panto. Since then he has performed every year, so this year will be the first for a very long time that he won't have been in any show. I imagine that his (& his family's) Christmas will be very different in this way too.

11 minutes ago, lindajan said:

Gareth did his first panto (Cinderella in Wimbledon) in 2008-9. Then in 2009-10 he was in the 25th anniversary tour of 'Les Miserables', so did not do panto. Since then he has performed every year, so this year will be the first for a very long time that he won't have been in any show.

Your memory is still amazing Lindajan. Thanks for this information. Blimey was it really 9/10 years ago for Les Mis?

Maybe this year Gareth will be able to have a proper Christmas with friends and family but it must be such a worry for anyone involved who won't have any income at all for the foreseeable future. Gareth has earned a lot of money over the years but a lot actors and theatre people will be really struggling. 😢

• 3 months later...
  • eternal changed the title to Panto now 2021-2022 Cardiff
  • 2 months later...

I would think it will, pantomimes are a huge part of their revenue and one of them is from Qdos so can't see things changing too much. Gareth has been working with them for a long time so hopefully they keep the relationship going in the future.