What My Heart Wants To Say

Snowdrop

post-6-1184346654.jpg Released 28/10/2002

<iframe src="http://widgets.itunes.apple.com/itunes.html?wtype=2&app_id=298374142&country=gb&partnerId=2003&affiliate_id=http%3A%2F%2Fclkuk.tradedoubler.com%2Fclick%3Fp%3D23708%26a%3D1214430%26url%3D" frameborder=0 style="overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:300px;height:375px;border:0px" ></iframe>

Album Track Listings

Track/ Writers / Producers

1. Unchained Melody / North, Zaret / Steve Mac

2. Anyone of Us / Jörgen Eloffson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger / P. Magnusson, D. Kreuger

3. Sentimental / Mike Peden, Gareth Gates wub.gif E. Johnson, H. Johnson, Graham Kearns smile.gif / M. Peden

4. Suspicious Minds / Zambon / S. Mac

5. Downtown / T. Nichols, T. Danvers / Jewels & Stone

6. What My Heart Wants To Say / S. Mac, J. Eloffson / S. Mac

7. Good Thing / S. Mac, Hector, Laws / S. Mac

8. Too Serious Too Soon / J. Eloffson, P. Magnusson, D. Kreuger / P. Magnusson, D. Kreuger

9. It Ain't Obvious / M. Peden, Lucie Silvas, C. Parker / M. Peden

10. With You all The Time / J. Eloffson / P. Magnusson, D. Kreuger

11. I've Got No Self Control / Jewels & Stone, R. Davis / Jewels & Stone, R. Davis

12. Tell Me One More Time / Cathy Dennis, Oskar Paul, A. Fromm/ O. Paul, C. Dennis

13. Alive / T. Nichols, A. Todd, J. Graydon / Jewels & Stone

14. One and Ever Love / S. Franglen, A. Lupino / Stephen Lipson

15. Walk On By / J. Eloffson, D. Kreuger/ P. Magnusson, D. Kreuger

16. That's When You Know / P. Gordeno, H. New, M. Peden / M. Peden

Singles Track Listings

Track / Writers / Producers

UM.jpg Released 18/03/2002

1. Unchained Melody / North, Zaret / Steve Mac

• Evergreen / Jörgen Eloffson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger / Per Magnusson, David Kreuger
  • Anything is Possible / Cathy Dennis, Chris Braide/ Cathy Dennis

AOU.jpg Released 08/07/2002

2. Anyone of Us / Jörgen Eloffson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger / P. Magnusson, D. Kreuger

• Forever Blue Anyone of Us / Jörgen Eloffson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger / P. Magnusson, D. Kreuger

LAWRcover2.jpg Released 23/09/2002

3. Long and Winding Road (Duet with Will Young) / John Lennon, Paul McCartney / Stephen Lipson

• Suspicious Minds / Zambon / S. Mac

WMHWTS1.jpgWMHWTSCD2.jpg Released 09/12/2002

4. What My Heart Wants To Say / S. Mac, J. Eloffson / S. Mac

• Christmas to Remember / James McMillan, Cathy Dennis, Chris Braide / James McMillan
  • Good Thing / Steve Mac, Hector, Laws / Steve Mac
  • Yesterday / John Lennon, Paul McCartney / Stephen Lipson

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just seen this fab review on Amazon for the first time:

Gates in Talent Shocker, 6 Feb 2004

Reviewer: "garycaplehorne" - See all my reviews

To be fair I'm 23 (so not the usual Gates follower). Bizarre, I know. I recently caught him rehearsing for his UK Tour and was impressed. So, I bought this and thought I'd give him/it a chance.

Basically its got OTT Westlife-o-rama (that always manages to pull you in) and Jackson 5, George Michaelesque killer tunes! Thats right folks the one with the stutter is a poptastique nutter!

Tunes to watch out for (incase they beat you to the floor) are:

Anyone Of Us

Sentimental

Good Thing

I've Got No Self Control

Alive

And for the touchy feelers out there:

What My Heart Wants To Say

With You All The Time

That's When You Know.

The only criticism here is that instead of 16 tracks S Records could've put out 10/11 with the rest as b-sides on the singles. But overall. Excellent debut! Pop Idol has provided us with two interesting new talents. Watch this space.

Another one I had not seen before:
A very pleasant surprise, 13 Jan 2003

Reviewer: A music fan

I got this album for my Christmas and wasn't expecting to like it much. I've always thought Gareth has a lot of talent and so on, but I believed the hype that he only sang ballads. So when Santa brought me this gift, I was unsure. But I gave it a listen and after I'd got past the singles - this is a great pop album.

There are a few excellent funky numbers, some of which would have made much better singles than the ones selected. It Ain't Obvious, Downtown and Sentimental being particular new favourites of this reviewer. There are the expected lush ballads, and they show off Gareth's beautuful voice to be well beyond that of a typical boyband member. With you All the Time is exceptional, with stunning lyrics and a melody that gets under your skin with each subsequent listen.

At 16 tracks it is probably too long. I think they weren't sure what to include, so put in a bit of everything. There are only three tracks I'm not keen on and without them this album would have got the full five stars. At least 10 tracks are fantastic and have become firm favourites. It has come as a surprise to me, but this is my new favourite album and the best pop album I have owned for several years and I'll be dancing to it for some time to come.

I would recommend it to all pop fans including those who like it a little bit funky.

Val I actually prefer the first one, this fellow did not think Gareth had a lot of talent, but seeing him rehearse for his GYOW tour, he was impressed, and he was then impressed with the album too. I bet he could not find the second album, it had vanished as we know from lots of shops by that time. :D

Val I actually prefer the first one, this fellow did not think Gareth had a lot of talent, but seeing him rehearse for his GYOW tour, he was impressed, and he was then impressed with the album too. I bet he could not find the second album, it had vanished as we know from lots of shops by that time. :D

Well found, lovely reviews. Why did they take GYOW out of the shops, does anyone know? :pinch: