good news re lights

pongo999

An all-star cast is being lined up for the city’s Christmas lights switch-on.

On Thurs (Nov 18) Bradford’s very own Gareth Gates will join a host of local stars for the switch-on event. They include Bradford Bulls star Robbie Paul and BBC Fame Academy finalist Carolynne Goode who is starring in the ‘Dick Whittington’ panto coming to the Alhambra Theatre.

There will also be top live bands, surprise guests and competitions.

The Pulse Breakfast Team of Matt and Elisa will be hosting the fun live from Centenary Square starting from 5.30pm. The all-star cast will then take the stage to join together in the big switch-on at 7pm.

As part of the switch-on show, Gareth will be performing a short festive solo set on stage. He said: “This will be the fourth year I have been part of the Lights Switch on show. It’s always good to come home, especially at Christmas & I’m really looking forward to doing something a little bit special”

Bradford Council Leader, Coun Margaret Eaton said: “The entertainment promises to be a mix of Bradford stars, lively pop bands and fun competitions which should be a ‘hit’ with everyone. It will set the stage for the big switch-on.”

Vanessa Mitchell, the Council’s senior projects and events officer said: “Judging by the hundreds of calls and emails after last year’s switch-on, Gareth is still number one in Bradford and it’s great he can make the 2004 festive show.

More

“We are still putting the finishing touches to the switch-on line up but we can promise a few special surprises on the night.”

Ends

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't go, but I'm so pleased for everyone who is going - especially that he is singing. I'll be doing my best to ensure I'm next to my computer, tuned into The Pulse to record anything and everything that might be beamed our way.

Grrr for ggates - I still can't get into the thread on this. Thank goodness for this place. :)

:rolleyes: I'm not going to get any sleep tonight now :unsure:  the boards on ggates are sooooo slow :rolleyes:  :unsure:

love ann

It's a good job you can come on here then Ann.Thankgoodness for these boards.It's all very exciting,we are going to see Gareth and he is going to sing :P:P

looking forward to meeting you Ann fir the first time :)

It will be great when we get to see new photos of Gareth and I think I will try to take the day off. I would love to at least be able to listen on line.

And wellcome Mar, nice to see you.

Maybe you could also listen online? I hope we will get a link up on the day.