Rate music and influence playlists!

Snowdrop

Are any of you signed up to www.songpeople.com?

If you become a member, you will be given access to music surveys to rate new music and the stuff radio stations are playing, so they can work out what the public are liking. Taking part is a great way to help shape the playlists, and hopefully it won't be long until they are asking questions about Gareth's new music! :laugh:

Depending on where you say you live, and what radio stations you listen to (and other stuff like your age) you will be sent surveys that are appropriate to you.

I would recommend that everyone signs up, because as well as helping Gareth, it's quite good fun. :thumbsup:

Read all about it here

If you get stuck - shout. :smile:

I've signed up. What I meant was that they may get fed up with me not liking much, other than Gareth's stuff :tongue:

I've signed up too. Anything to help gareth. Just hope i do it right when they contact me. :unsure:

To be honest gatesgal, you can't do it wrong. :wink: You literally follow the on screen instructions - you barely need to engage your brain after the first three clips - honestly :)

Thanks for that. You've boosted my confidence! :heart:

I've signed up to this too and have answered some of the questions before.

It is a bit of an eye opener as to what tracks they play. Some I have loved, some I am a bit indefferent to and some I have just hated and I have ticked the box accordingly.

I think one of them asked if I would tune into another radio station if a particular track was played. Some I have said yes, but I want to be listening for a Gareth track so I can answer 'No Way- this is the sort of music I want to hear on my radio'

I noticed this on the front page of the link:

Your opinion helps the music bosses decide

• which artists / bands to sign

• which new songs to release as singles

• which songs to play on the radio

I want Gareth to get airplay, so for me this is a must.

you barely need to engage your brain after the first three clips - honestly

That's why I like it.

I have had an email to say welcome to Songpeople. I presume they will send me an email to tell me when there is some music to be listened to. Can't wait to hear Gareth and praise it to the skies!

I've just had my first invitation to rate some bands. 207 of them. Its taken me almost an hour :shocked:

Well Val, I'm pleased to hear you've got going. I've just logged on to get a message telling me that there are no surveys in my area at the moment. :sad:

I've just had my first invitation to rate some bands. 207 of them. Its taken me almost an hour :shocked:

Blimey! That is a lot. I never had one of those.

It seems to be quite different depending on which part of the country you live. Presumably the different radio stations ask them to ask different things for them.

• 2 months later...