Angel on My Shoulder will be new single

Snowdrop

I've just come on and read some of this thread but have to say I'm delighted it's the next single. I think it is a really strong song that showcases his voice really well. He can perform it live fantastically well and he's written it himself. Bingo. It's a great choice in my opinion. I glad he's not risking the rockier ones just yet and his voice is not so suited to these types.

I think the most important thing about the second single will be if it gets air play, and I think it says a lot that radio 2 had put this song on their play list, and it moved from C to B in one week. 19 also must have had feed back I think on the radio tour about which song the radio would like to play. Changes unfortunately is not so catchy instantly and therefore did not get the air play. Also I think Angel on my shoulder is a great song to sell the album, which again is an important factor.

I know there are lots other good songs on the album, and Gareth can show the versatility of the album with any following releases.

I am over the moon about AOMS being the next single. I can see it doing really well for Gareth. :thumbsup:

Angel on my Shoulder shows Gareth's ability to perform in quite a range of notes, and shows off his voice at its very best. i think it will do very well for him ,but we must work hard to try and get him airplay again.

Sometimes I think we have to accept that Gareth only wants his music to be heard - and any chart success he gets is just a bonus. He's true to himself so he won't hide the fact that he wrote AOMS for his Mum when he gives interviews or whatever. That being so, I hope 19 will see the wisdom of not including Wendy in the video (wink)

Sometimes I think we have to accept that Gareth only wants his music to be heard - and any chart success he gets is just a bonus. He's true to himself so he won't hide the fact that he wrote AOMS for his Mum when he gives interviews or whatever. That being so, I hope 19 will see the wisdom of not including Wendy in the video (wink)

But surely, he must have chart success to survive? An artist must sell records to sustain their career.

But surely, he must have chart success to survive? An artist must sell records to sustain their career.

He had massive chart success the last time round and he did not survive - the music business is very fickle and he needs credibility

to survive. While we as fans all acknowledge his talent as a musician/songwriter it will take time for the wider audience to appreciate this and indeed some never will. Gareth has a lot of completely unfair stereotyped bias to overcome from those who are uninformed about him. A slower growth in success this time round may help him to last for longer. Of course Gareth wants chart success but I guess this time round he will not compromise himself to achieve it. I get the impression from Gareth that if people don't like what he has to offer then I think he'd rather do something else. He certainly has many options available - did anyone notice that operatic voice he has hidden until the start of the start of the Pop World interview?! :shocked:

did anyone notice that operatic voice he has hidden until the start of the start of the Pop World interview?!

I did Shellcool and very nice it was too. I've always thought I'd like to hear Gareth singing something operatic :smile: