Pictures of the Other Side reviews

Snowdrop

Gareth fans don't do lynching!!

Different shared opinions is what goes to making an interesting fanbase.

Since Gareth's time away music has changed and for me the upbeat stuff on the album fits in better with today's music, however I am loving the slower songs too.

Reveiwing is not my forte at all but I have just sat and listened undisturbed (sheer bliss) to the whole album. Still loving 'Lost in You' best with surprisingly 'Can't Believe It's Over' second and just loving Gareth's voice on' Talking Minds' third.

Loving all the tracks and definitely worth the wait.

I think this album is fantastic, i am really enjoying new kid in town and afterglow. I also like lost in you, 19 mins and cant believe its over. In fact i just cant stop listening to it and it really should have done better in the charts. Gareth has done an amazing job and he should feel really proud of himself, the wait was worth it, but i dont want to wait that long again to see and hear him!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth Gates

"Pictures Of The Other Side" You are not logged in. [log in]

Home >> Reviews >> Albums / 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Released: 25th June 2007.

Three years out of the limelight is a considerably long time especially by the tortoise like pace of the music industry nowadays. So naturally, you would think, Gareth would find it hard to come back to a music scene now minus the acts that were around when he was last in the chart like Busted and S Club.

From the sounds of this album though, he appears to have more or less combated any fears of flopping. Though not always consistent, "Pictures Of The Other Side" is a mature, enjoyable album, free of the vocal gymnastics present on his earlier repertoire of covers and ballads.

He shines in particular on tracks like the current single "Angel On My Shoulder" with it's moody and simple orchestration, the upbeat and edgy "New Kid In Town" and the electro-tastic "Talking Minds" to name a few. Overall, I'm very impressed. I'd even go so far as to say I'm a converted fan now.

(Alex MacGregor)