Reports from Bradford signing, 25/6/07

Val4Gareth

I've just had a phone call from Ann Gates in Bradford.

She met Gareth at last and had a hug and a picture taken with him. Met his mum as well.

She was a bit overcome still and sounded very excited and happy. Gareth sang 4 songs, but she can only remember Angel, Pictures and Lost in You. Hopefully she'll remember the other one by the time she gets back :smile:

Guest GarethsHotChick

Val thats GREAT Ann met Gareth today, I could tell how excited she was when she phoned me to say she had met him. It sounded like she could burst into tears bless her, She said Gareth thanked her for coming all the way from Devon to meet him and see him perform.

Unfortunately her scanner is playing up so she is going to wait a bit before being able to post the picture of her and Gareth together, But she said she will post it so we can all see it. :smile:

How wonderful that Ann met Gareth today. I can perfectly well understand that she was overcome, it happened to me too the first time!

A new member on the OS has posted this

hi, i'm new here - i was a fan of Gareth Gates since day that first appearence on PopIdol, have seen him 3 times live in concert, and also have jsut seen him in Bradford, at the HMV signing. it was offcially amazing! i said hi to him and chatted a tiny bit, and we had our photo taken together, and i also had a funny conversation with Pete (who is officially AMAZING by the way - very funny and so friendly, plus a great guitarist! if you're reading this Pete, its Beki, the girl in green who was chatting with you tonight about, well, tshirts and freebies lol :-) nice meeting you and chatting with you and such :-) )

anyway, i guess i ought to have posted the above in the Misc section if that was all it was, but i also wanted to say "wow!!!" it was so worth the wait, although i know some may disagree, and it was so good to see all his family and such, so thank you Gareth and co for all the fun!!!!!!!

and this

Pete is, i officially love him lol. he has amaxing tshirts as well, lol.

Gareth was really busy with signings and stuff so we couldnt chat for all that long, but he was really friendly and warm, a real Northerner! lol.

the weather was (as Gareth said) "pissing" lol - it was awful, bad wind and rain, floods everywhere, everything, typical british storms lol :-) he was about 2 hours late, and as i'd come straight from school with my friend we were really tired and hungry, but he came on about 7:00 (i think), played 3/4 songs, promo'd the album a fair bit, chatted to the audience, the usual, really good fun! i would guess at about 100 people, so not that many, but it was good - close and compact, i reckon he could see the whites of everyones eyes whcih much have been both fun and scary lol. he waved at me as well, which was cute :-)

we then all queued up and he signed stuff for us, my friend and i left about 8:15 but there were still lots of people :-)

oh yeah, and he mentioned you lot on here! on the James Blunt site we call the message board members "boardies" - do you have a group name for yourself?

thank you for such a warm welcome, its so nice of you!

and this ...

p.s is it disturbing that i smell of him??? lol. bless him - wait, i'm sounding like some demented stalker lol. he smells nice though, which is cool because many of the singers i've met previously smell of sweat and stuff. then again, i've normally only met them after huge concerts where they;ve been leaping around onstage for hours previously lol. xxxx :-)

Thanks for bringing that over Snowdrop. Wasn't sure whether to or not, seeing as it was a new member. Rather a nice post I thought.

Seems Gareth has attracted in a few new fans again today.

Lots of new members since the weekend.

The weather yesterday was really bad , no wonder Gareth was stuck in the floods in Sheffield . I went with Ann , and Renait a Gareth fan who I know who also had not met Gareth before . We met up with Emma ( Gazisfit ) and Cat Gates . We also met Sarah , who was very nice (from Sweden )and shook hands with her dad, who left Sara in our care while he took Sara's little brother and himself out for a meal , some other fans from the boards , Maria and Andrea were already there .

The T&A press were very interested in Sara , she gave an interview and had her photo taken for the T&A . They also interviewed Emma and Cat , and took photos of them . :smile:

The security guards were lovely . I got out a bag of sweets and gave one to a security guard , he was so nice and came back with his mug of Coffee which he offered to me . The coffee went around the crowd, it was very sweet but nobody cared. :smile:

There was a good turn out of Gareth's Bradford fans , male and female , who patiently waited all that time for the delayed Gareth.

Gareth's friends and family were seated at the front, to the side. There were both his nans , some aunties and cousins . They must have been proud to watch Gareth perform . Wendy and Gareth's sister Charlotte stayed at the back I think . Calender news's Nicola Crompton was there, she was very chatty and friendly . They interviewed some fans and filmed the queue , telling us to clap our hands and shout Gareth, Gareth ( so embarrassing ) I hope I'm not on Calender tonight :laugh: :blush:

We knew Gareth had arrived when they brought in the speakers etc , and a scream went up when Gareth arrived and walked through the store .

Gareth has another cold, he apologized for being late , and that he had the cold, but Gareth's voice sounded great .It was just Gareth and Pete . As has been posted Gareth sang POTOS , Can't believe it's over, AOMS , and Lost In You . Gareth said it was the first time he and Pet had performed Lost In You acoustic , and had only just practised for half an hour , it sounded brilliant. Gareth said he knew his fans from the message boards , loved LIY and would have liked it to have been his comeback single.

The signings was quite rushed I think, but Gareth was lovely with everyone as usual , as well as blowing his nose , it was lovely to see Ann and Renait meet Gareth for the first time. We didn't hang around as Emma , Ann, Renait Cat and myself went to the train station as lots of trains had been cancelled , our train was delayed but we did get home .So all in all a great day.

I have just heard from Ann , who is on a train, having to go on a different route home than planned , I'm pleased she is now on her long journey home . It was great to have have Ann come and stay with me again, as she is a lovely girl and a great Gareth fan :smile:

Heather thank you so much for the detailed account, absolutely loved reading it. Poor Gareth having a cold, he must have got wet on Sat in Hyde Park, lol

It would be great if Sara will be fitured in the T&A, that will be a lovely memory for her. I seen her at HydePark, she is lovely.

So glad Ann and the other Gareth's fans got to meet him too, so plesed some people weathered the storms and hang around waiting until Gareth arrived.

:D

Gareth said it was the first time he and Pet had performed Lost In You acoustic , and had only just practised for half an hour , it sounded brilliant. Gareth said he knew his fans from the message boards , loved LIY and would have liked it to have been his comeback single.

How clever to have adapted LIY to an acoustic version -would love to have heard that.

I can't help but wonder if Gareth himself would have preferred to have released LIY as a single at some point rather than Changes or AOMS but I guess airplay was the issue and it seemed as if AOMS was a good prospect in this respect.

Thanks so much for the detailed report Heather.

How clever to have adapted LIY to an acoustic version -would love to have heard that.

I can't help but wonder if Gareth himself would have preferred to have released LIY as a single at some point rather than Changes or AOMS but I guess airplay was the issue and it seemed as if AOMS was a good prospect in this respect.

Thanks so much for the detailed report Heather.

Thank you for the lovely report. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Well the day didnt get off to a good start, I nearly missed my train due to flooding then it got stuck cos of vandals then the weather was crap, then train stations were closed lol... but I finally got to Bradford!

When I got there Andrea, Maria, Anne, Emma, Annette and Natalie were already there and everyone just chatted until we were allowed in!

We got told he was stuck so wouldnt be there until at least half 5!

We ended up getting let in at about 5 i think and just stood waiting for Gareth!

We then saw his family me and Andrea were right next to them so were speaking to them, his both Nans were so nice bless them, they asked us what time we'd been there and where we came from, and they seemed shocked that we waited so long, we also spoke to his aunties too, but some older and younger cousins were there also! We saw Wendy and Charlotte earlier on but never had chance to speak to them as theyw erent with the rest of the family!

At about twenty to 7 Gareth came on and god did he look hot he wore blue shoes, a blue t-shirt and a blue belt he looked ace lol!

He sang POTOS, Cant Believe Its Over, AOMS and Lost In You, before Lost In You he said he had a cold and that Lost In You is a hard song to song, him and pete had practised it 15 minmutes before LOL!

He was amazing singing all of them not that you would expect anything else from him, and the crowd loved the songs he sung :D

We then went to get our album signed and becuase they were late it was only one thing you could get signed. Gareth remembered me from the channel 5 news lol and I asked if he could stand up so I could have a hug and of course he didnt say no. Then I had to go so I went over and spoke to Pete briefly and had a picture with him.

Me and Andrea were waiting for Maria to come back and went round the back and thought we would wait, then Anne and Annette come round the back too. Andrea decided to go to the front and see where the van was and it had moved so we were worried that we would miss him, so all went roung the front (Thank GOd we did)

He then came out and we all had pictures again, I had another hug picture and a kiss and then we had a group picture with him... omg my hair had just blown in that picture and its a complete mess lol!

He then got on the van, to realise he needed a Pee, so went inside and then when he came out I asked him to pose for us as all 5 of us had our cameras at the ready but some women said he never had time, and Gareth said he didnt know what to do LOL!

He then drove off and we spoke to Wendy and had a picture with Wendy also, shes so nice bless her, she must be well and truly proud of having a son as talented as Gareth!

They then drove off and we waved but as the windows were blacked out we didnt know where Gareth was or anything!

We went to the train station me Andrea and Maria and they got on the train and I didnt know what train to get and the lady said that Leeds was letting trains out so I got on the sametrain as andrea and maria!

I finally got home after an amazing day :D

garethbradford1nr5.jpg

Me and Gareth inside HMV

garethbradford2nd2.jpg

Me and Pete

garethbradford3ud3.jpg

Annette, Anne, Me and Maria

garethbradford4hw4.jpg

Annette, Anne, Andrea and Maria

garethbradford5dc0.jpg

Me and gareth outside

garethbradford6rp4.jpg