• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just seen that. :frantics: Cant wait to see this. :smile

Rooney's bruv makes Sky debut

By SARA NATHAN

TV Editor

September 07, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

WAYNE Rooney’s little brother is finally making his big league debut — on a celebrity soccer show.

Graham Rooney, 18 made it as far as Everton's youth team but never went professional.

But now he will team up alongside Premiership legends and celebrities after signing up for Sky One’s Premier League All Stars.

Teams will include heroes like Ray Wilkins, Paul Merson and Ruud Gullit who will wear their old clubs’ kits — alongside celebs playing for the side they support.

Graham will represent Everton with rocker Donny Tourette.

Wayne ... star footballer

Pop Idol star Gareth Gates will play for Aston Villa. Cricketer Mark Ramprakash and actor Bradley Walsh will represent Arsenal, while Radio One DJ Colin Murray will play for Liverpool. John Altman — EastEnders’ Nick Cotton — will pull on a Spurs shirt.

Graham, also a boxer, was last on TV in ads for discount store TJ Hughes.

Arsenal hero Ian Wright and Soccer AM’s Helen Chamberlain will host the show, kicking off on September 23.

Fans who want to buy tickets should go to www.skyone.co.uk/allstars.

Its also in the Star paper, Ann posted it on the OS. And they say who else is playing. :smile:

Gary 'n Don kicking off

PREMIER LEAGUE ALL STARS

Big Brother hunk Liam McGough,23,is set for a showdown with Gareth Gates,23,and Donny Tourette,26,on the footie pitch.

The pair have signed up for Sky One's new soccer show called Premier League All Stars.

Others snapped up for the series include Mark Ramprakash,38,Bradley Walsh,47,Colin Murray,30,Dave Gorman,36,and John Altman,55.

Footie fans can join the squad against a side of legends,including Fabrizio Ravanelli,38,Ruud Gullit,45,Jamie Redknapp,34,and Paul Merson,39.

I would Love :heart: to go to that, but it's in London :frantics:

Will it be on Sky Sports? Haven't got that, I will have to find someone that has and ask them to tape it for me :hyper:

It's a shame Gareth couldn't be playing for Leeds :sad: but there not in the Premiereship :no:

Off to find out what kit Astoin Villa wear :hyper:

Guest GarethsHotChick

Thank You for posting that up Hazzy, Unfortunately I don't have Sky so I won't be able to watch the match. But I hope there will be reports and pictures from people who are able to be there, And someone can maybe record some of Gareth playing football for us.

I remember when he played for Bradford in Wayne Jacobs Testimonial match, Lets hope he scores a goal again too. It would be GREAT if he did. :smile:

Its on for a whole week, not just 1 day, but ofcourse we dont know yet how many times Gareth will be in play.

How can we find out when Gareth is playing? I haven't got Sky, but would love to go to the match.

How can we find out when Gareth is playing?

He's playing on Wednesday the 26th and then after that it depends if Villa go through. I'm thinking he's playing for them because they might be his Dad's team, being a Birmingham club. Wish I could go.

And their colours are claret and blue:

villa-39084.jpg

He's playing on Wednesday the 26th and then after that it depends if Villa go through. I'm thinking he's playing for them because they might be his Dad's team, being a Birmingham club. Wish I could go.

And their colours are claret and blue:

villa-39084.jpg

Thank you so much, Maggiemags! Is it during the day or the evening?

Thank you so much, Maggiemags! Is it during the day or the evening?

its on in the evening. it starts at 8pm but doors open for the event at 6 and close at 7:15 (probably becuse it is live on sky)

i'm playing in the event as well as an aston villa fan player (just some normal person not another celebrity) so any questions u have i will try and answer if i can

its on in the evening. it starts at 8pm but doors open for the event at 6 and close at 7:15 (probably becuse it is live on sky)

i'm playing in the event as well as an aston villa fan player (just some normal person not another celebrity) so any questions u have i will try and answer if i can

Welcome to the buard :smile:

So you are playing for the Aston Villa team with Gareth :frantics: :smile:

Thanks very much for telling me that. I really want to come but I am working until 6, so I'm not sure i can make it to London by 7-15. Don't want to be left outside!