Charity football (Sky AllStars)

How very exciting. How did you get to join the team?
i had to email in reasons why i should be picked to play for my team and send in a short video demonstrating my football skills or rather lack of them lol. then i got invited to a trial, which was judged by a former premier league manager and then he picked 3 fan players to represent each premier league team and i was lucky enough to get picked for aston villa
Welcome to the site and thanks for offering to answer questions.Please come back and tell us all about the match after the event.
thank you and everyone else for welcoming to the boards, and i will come back and tell u all about it when its done. i'm getting a bit excited now as its only just over 2 weeks away and i've been waiting since the begining of august to play
Welcome to the buard :smile: So you are playing for the Aston Villa team with Gareth :frantics: :smile:
Yes i will be on the aston villa team with gareth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if you could tell uns some info re Gareth, what happened before the match, and after the match, and at the bar, lol and all the important things, what he said and such. :laugh:

i'll do my best to try and remember most things but i know if we win on the 26th i have to stay in london till the next match on the 29th so might forget some things but i'll do my best.

i had to email in reasons why i should be picked to play for my team and send in a short video demonstrating my football skills or rather lack of them lol. then i got invited to a trial, which was judged by a former premier league manager and then he picked 3 fan players to represent each premier league team and i was lucky enough to get picked for aston villathank you and everyone else for welcoming to the boards, and i will come back and tell u all about it when its done. i'm getting a bit excited now as its only just over 2 weeks away and i've been waiting since the begining of august to playYes i will be on the aston villa team with gareth

Well done!!! for getting picked to play for Aston Villa :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing all about it :hyper:

Good Luck :smile:

And as for playing with Gareth :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: AAAHHHH! :smile:

Well done!!! for getting picked to play for Aston Villa :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing all about it :hyper:

Good Luck :smile:

And as for playing with Gareth :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: AAAHHHH! :smile:

again thank you. i'll try my best to get what you want. i migth also be able to take my camera along so might be able to get some pictures and that before and afer the match. i'll hae to check first though but cant see why i cant

again thank you. i'll try my best to get what you want. i migth also be able to take my camera along so might be able to get some pictures and that before and afer the match. i'll hae to check first though but cant see why i cant

That would be FANTASTIC if you can :smile:

i had to email in reasons why i should be picked to play for my team and send in a short video demonstrating my football skills or rather lack of them lol. then i got invited to a trial, which was judged by a former premier league manager and then he picked 3 fan players to represent each premier league team and i was lucky enough to get picked for aston villa

Blimey! Well done! :) It all sounds like it's going to be a fantastic experience. Hope you have a great time :) And welcome to the boards - nice of you to drop by and tell us all about it. Do you know who else is going to be on your team?

Blimey! Well done! :) It all sounds like it's going to be a fantastic experience. Hope you have a great time :) And welcome to the boards - nice of you to drop by and tell us all about it. Do you know who else is going to be on your team?

thank you and no at the minute i dont know who else will be on the aston villa side although i do know a team is made up of 4 former players, 3 celebrity players and 3 fan players

Thanks to Ann, Gareth's involvement in this has been featured in OK Magazine. There is a little picture with it.

Gareth Gates

Ready to Kick off with Donny

Gareth Gates and Donny Tourette wil come face to face on the football pitch.The pair are just two of the celebrities signed up to appear on sky One's new soccer show Premier League All Stars.Bradley Walsh and Colin Murray are a couple of the other names up against ex-pros such as Jamie Redknapp.

I think they must be training with all the team members before the actual game.

We will probably find out when our member who also plays for Aston Villa comes on again to tell us all about it. :smile:

dont know if we are having any training before but i know we have to be there at 10am on the day of the match so will probably be all day training and whatever before the match

dont know if we are having any training before but i know we have to be there at 10am on the day of the match so will probably be all day training and whatever before the match

Thanks very much for that!

Thanks for letting us know, you did great in the trails and so did your dad. :smile:

that wasnt me and my dad think they are the other fan players for aston villa lol. i was on for a couple of seconds but blink and you'd have missed me lol. so will have to wait for my tv debut till next wednesday lol. yeah the matches start on sunday so dont know if there will be anything on aston villa and gareth until wednesday. you might get some thing on the tuesday if they do a preview for the next days games but i dont know anything else as yet lol.. i havent even had my travel details and where to meet etc through yet lol