Gareth and Suzanne are engaged , It's Official

Val4Gareth

I looked at someone ' s Star newspaper to day, they have used that pic of Gareth and Suzanne sat in the back of a car, Gareth in a grey suit :smile:

Nice pics and short article on Hello Magazine online :smile: http://www.hellomagazine.com/music/2008/01...reth-gates-wed/

Now Magazine http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/Ga...cle_172005.html

Thank you everyone for all the links to the articles. the subject of Gareth always creates a lot of interest in the press.

This is a nice report on The Bradford T & A :smile:

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news..._wed_dancer.php

Pop star Gareth to wed dancer

By Ben Barnett

Bradford pop star Gareth Gates has revealed he is to marry his long-term girlfriend.

The 23-year-old, who grew up in East Bowling, popped the question to dancer Suzanne Mole on New Year's Eve.

Gareth, who has been dating Suzanne, 32, for five years, said: "After a great Christmas, I proposed to Suzanne on New Year's Eve and she said yes.

"We are both extremely happy and look forward to planning our wedding and life together."

The announcement completed a great year for the singer who made a return to the city in June to plug his third album, Pictures Of The Other Side, which brought to an end a three-year musical void. Hundreds of die-hard fans queued for hours in the rain to meet their idol at the HMV store in Broadway.

Gareth met Suzanne, who hails from Newcastle, at the Record of the Year awards in 2002, and they live together in London. Gareth denied newspaper rumours in 2004 which suggested he was to marry Suzanne later that year. His speech therapist was said to have been chosen as his best man.

When asked about marriage in April last year, Gareth said: "The way I have been brought up, that's what it's about for me.

"It doesn't suit everybody, but for me life is about marriage, lots of children, a massive house. If that's what my life is like, I will be happy."

Gareth's musical development began as a choirboy at Bradford Cathedral where, aged 11, he was head chorister.

He sang solo for the Queen when she visited in the city in 1997, five years before taking the stage on Pop Idol.

With a Grade VIII in piano, classical guitar and singing, and a place at the Royal Northern College of Music under his belt, he battled his stammer to finish a close runner-up to Will Young.

His debut single, a cover of Unchained Melody, went into the UK charts at number one. At the height of his popularity Gareth returned to Bradford to switch on the Christmas lights four years in a row.

But his private life hit the headlines when glamour girl Jordan revealed they had a three-month affair. And he was dropped by his record label in 2004 after sales of his second album struggled.

But Gareth bounced back and can now boast a career which includes four number one hits and record sales totalling 3.5 million worldwide.

He has retained his links with Bradford as a member of the congregation at the Abundant Life Centre and a fan of the Bradford Bulls. Gareth is now tipped to appear on the forthcoming series of ITV's Dancing On Ice.

e-mail: ben.barnett@bradford.newsquest.co.uk

What a brilliant article and brilliant news for gareth and suzanne. I wish them both every happiness and lots of cute kids. How can they fail. The could be the new Osmonds. Getting a bit daft now, but at this time of year we need all the good news we can get. Happy New Year everyone.

:cool: What a nice surprise at the beginning of the new year !!! :cool: Thanks a lot to Val for giving this great information first and to all who posted links, especially to Yorksheather for the nice T&A article. :smile: It's great that we've got that fantastic news not later than the media. :tongue:

I'm so happy for Gareth that he found in Suzanne the partner for his future life. :smile: She's not only a beautiful and hot girl (Oh gosh, dancing to Robbie's "Hot Fudge" at Knebworth … :blush: ) but also a very lovely lady who was obviously the right one for Gareth in the last five years - times of ups and downs in which he needed not only a wonderful family but also a really good girl at his side. :smile: Not every celeb - I would say even only a very little minority of them - had this luck.

By the way, for me there was an interesting coincidence with Gareth's engagement proposal on the New Year's Eve. In the afternoon of that day (maybe at the same time :wink: ) I watched Yusuf Islam's/Cat Steven's last live performance of "Father & Son" (one of my favourite songs already since ages) in London 2007 on German TV and when I heard the lines

Find a girl, settle down

If you want, you can marry

I thought of Gareth and was wondering if he would marry and found an own family in 2008. :cool:

I looked at someone ' s Star newspaper to day, they have used that pic of Gareth and Suzanne sat in the back of a car, Gareth in a grey suit :smile:

:unsure: I don't know, maybe it's similar to that pic ???

GG-SM-4.jpg

I am still getting lots of google alerts about this, this nice write up is from US

Although he only obtained first runner-up status on Pop Idol in 2002, platinum-selling recording artist Gareth Gates holds the number one spot in the heart of Suzanne Mole, The Daily Mirror reports. Rumored to be on the roster for the upcoming season of Dancing On Ice, the performer has been dancing on a cloud ever since his love of the past five years accepted his proposal on December 31, 2007. A wedding date has not been announced.

Also another one from Ireland. :frantics:

:cool: What a nice surprise at the beginning of the new year !!! :cool: Thanks a lot to Val for giving this great information first and to all who posted links, especially to Yorksheather for the nice T&A article. :smile: It's great that we've got that fantastic news not later than the media. :tongue:

I'm so happy for Gareth that he found in Suzanne the partner for his future life. :smile: She's not only a beautiful and hot girl (Oh gosh, dancing to Robbie's "Hot Fudge" at Knebworth … :blush: ) but also a very lovely lady who was obviously the right one for Gareth in the last five years - times of ups and downs in which he needed not only a wonderful family but also a really good girl at his side. :smile: Not every celeb - I would say even only a very little minority of them - had this luck.

By the way, for me there was an interesting coincidence with Gareth's engagement proposal on the New Year's Eve. In the afternoon of that day (maybe at the same time :wink: ) I watched Yusuf Islam's/Cat Steven's last live performance of "Father & Son" (one of my favourite songs already since ages) in London 2007 on German TV and when I heard the lines

Find a girl, settle down

If you want, you can marry

I thought of Gareth and was wondering if he would marry and found an own family in 2008. :cool:

:unsure: I don't know, maybe it's similar to that pic ???

GG-SM-4.jpg

Lovely post GGfan , and yes that was the photo which was used :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Khelda for putting this photo from OK in. It's lovely!