Soccer Aid 2008 7th September

Floz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is lovely. Thanks so much!

Can I digress a little from Gareth's new photo on the ITV site (which I think is lovely by the way)? Good to see him alongside Jamie Redknapp too :smile:

Can anyone explain to me why the tickets at Wembley on the second tier (in Floz's link, which I don't seem to be able to copy) are more expensive on the second tier than they are on the first, being closer to the pitch??

I don't know the answer to that, presumably one has a better view. When I booked, they were offered to me as the best seats.

Guest NicolaJayne
Can I digress a little from Gareth's new photo on the ITV site (which I think is lovely by the way)? Good to see him alongside Jamie Redknapp too :smile:

Can anyone explain to me why the tickets at Wembley on the second tier (in Floz's link, which I don't seem to be able to copy) are more expensive on the second tier than they are on the first, being closer to the pitch??

My husband tells me the second tier are the best seats because they are tiered and looking down on the pitch :)

My husband tells me the second tier are the best seats because they are tiered and looking down on the pitch :)

I thought it would perhaps be the case.

I forget that the men are only interested in the ball going in the net :cheer: and not looking at the thighs of those short wearing players :blush:

Well I booked closest to the pitch. Just hoping I know the score at the end of the game. :blush:

Thanks hubby for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't claim to knowing loads about football, but even I know that Maradona is an absolute legend. One of the greatest players ever, and last time even th professionals were excited about playing with him.

If I remember correctly last time he turned up quite late in the week, and people weren't too sure what his fitness would be like and how he'd play. His fitness wasn't great, but he was still pretty hands (or footsy) with that round leather thing. :laugh:

Apparently, the organizers are hopeful that Paul Gascoigne will be able to take part again too. I wouldn't be all that optimistic myself, but I suppose it could give him something to aim for, which is probably what he needs.

From The Mirror

THanks so much Isabel.

Ewan McGregor has done a little film encouraging people to support the charity. :heart:

I see he asking for budding journalists to write a match report. Can anyone see details for this, please?

I would absolutely love to do it (but my report may be a bit biased).

Yep Val Gareth does seem to be following in Gareth's footsteps :ermm: