Soccer Aid 2008 7th September

Floz

There's a bit in today's Sunday Times about the work UNICEF is doing in relation to Soccer Aid. There an interview with Cat Deeley who is working for UNICEF and did a visit to Manila in the Phillipines to see what's happening over there.

I think we might be getting a few video reports like that tonight, inbetween the training shots! :laugh:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slightly late report and a few more photos.

It was interesting that my friend and I had made a pact that we would go to Wembley if David Beckham were to appear. We really wanted to see the new Wembley and even more wanted to see DB. When I texted her about Gordon Ramsey and Gareth being on the same pitch, there was no hesitation of us booking to go, with an overnight stay and some retail therapy to follow.

On arrival at Wembley and purchasing the programme we were so looking forward to Russell Watson singing Nessun Dorma, as advertised and then of course we began speculation of who the 'Guest of Honour' was going to be. We were both convinced it was going to be DB :hyper:

Sitting excitedly in our seats we heard the announcement that Jonathan Anstell was going to sing Nessun Dorma. Yes he sang it well but not quite Russell Watson. Then we waited with such anticipation for the surprise 'guest of Honour'. Geoff Hurst I am sure was an honour for everyone taking part, but not quite what a couple of :hyper: fans in the 3rd row had hoped for.

The match began and my friend eagerly took photos of her idol, Gordon Ramsey, and then shock horror he was off with injury. At this point Gareth was yet to appear, as he was coming on in the second half (but we didn't know that at this point) and we both looked at each other and realised that we had travelled a long way to see our idols and neither of them were on the pitch :console: .

Interestingly there was a mexican wave

which held our attention till we waited for Gareth to appear!(The lady at the end taking the photo with her camera , was sat in front of us).

Well Gareth finally came on and he played well. Unfortunately he was over the other side, so the only way I could follow him, was by looking for his bandaged hand. :unsure:

Here are a few photos that we managed between us:

Blink and you will have missed him, Gordon Ramsey.

2007_0730todays0044-1.jpg

Confirmation of how far away Gareth was from us.

2007_0730todays0054.jpg

Gareth coming off (and this was on our side). I think they need to make Wembley smaller!

2007_0730todays0060.jpg

Victorious Gareth, punching the air!

2007_0730todays0070.jpg

and finally the Wembley Arch, at night, quite a sight.

2007_0730todays0082.jpg

• 2 weeks later...