Joseph reviews

Snowdrop

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Lee in 'Joseph' last summer and was impressed by how much his voice had grown since 'Any Dream Will Do'. I had thought he was good on the TV show (and voted for him), but it was amazing what a year of live performances had done for him.

This is a brilliant opportunity for Gareth and I get so excited every time I think about him in this show. Leaving the theatre last summer, I thought that it would be fantastic if Gareth could play 'Joseph' sometime - and now he is! Looking forward to seeing the show soon.

Linda

I saw Lee too and thought exactly the same about Gareth playing the role. It really is a fantastic opportunity for him.

From the woman who plays the narrator's blog for today (9th) - Jenna Lee James http://web.mac.com/jennaleejames/Jennas_Jo...!!.html

So tonight marks Gareth’s official opening night as ‘Joseph’. He has actually already done 3 shows on Friday and Saturday last week. A bit of a surprise to audiences at the Adelphi but he was received with great acclaim and got the standing ovation he deserved.

Gareth plays the role fantastically and really does take you on Joseph’s journey. He is naughty and mischievious, cute and funny, strong and charasmatic and wears the loin cloth to perfection!!!

He really is a fantastic Joseph and one not to miss.

I will be performing with him tonight (Monday 9th February) normally my scheduled night off but I couldn’t miss such a special evening. I hope to see some of you there, but if you can’t make it don’t worry I will tell you all about it soon!!

So tonight marks Gareth’s official opening night as ‘Joseph’. He has actually already done 3 shows on Friday and Saturday last week. A bit of a surprise to audiences at the Adelphi but he was received with great acclaim and got the standing ovation he deserved.

Oh, wow! That's fantastic! SO proud :heart:

I will be performing with him tonight (Monday 9th February) normally my scheduled night off but I couldn’t miss such a special evening. I hope to see some of you there, but if you can’t make it don’t worry I will tell you all about it soon!!

That's a lovely thing to say - looking forward to the updates :smile:

Thanks so much for that Floz.

Excellent choice of photo - and brilliant blog. It seems as if Joseph has a lovely cast and I'm pleased they are pleased to have him!

Lovely account, which will help slightly for me to settle my nerves for tonight. Well, perhaps the next five minutes or so! :frantics:

Thanks Floz, thats such a lovely blog.

I'm so excited for Gareth tonight, and so wish I was there, seeing this special moment.

I have heard today, there is a huge poster of gareth in his loin cloth at the front of the theatre .

People going by can't take their eyes off him.

I have heard today, there is a huge poster of gareth in his loin cloth at the front of the theatre .

People going by can't take their eyes off him.

Wow Hazzy! That should get the casual passers-by into the theatre. Wish I was there tonight. It really is a special night for Gareth :heart:

Thanks Floz, thats such a lovely blog.

I'm so excited for Gareth tonight, and so wish I was there, seeing this special moment.

People going by can't take their eyes of him.

I also heard about the huge poster of Gareth in his loin cloth this afternoon :laugh:

I also heard about the huge poster of Gareth in his loin cloth this afternoon :laugh:

hope someone going tonight or sometimes soon takes a pic of this as mentioned earlier in this thread cos ive quite a while before i can see him,dont know how i can cope with lots of fans seeing this and not me lol

Another good review from a non Gareth fan. :thumbsup: posted today.

I was taken aback by how good Gareth was, definitely a fine Joseph, once he's loosened up a bit more and is more comfortable on stage, hopefully he'll be able to help this revival stick around for a few months longer! However, one thing I would say is he was on occasion a bit quiet (Though on Close Every Door he was a little louder, and very good I must say), would it kill the sound people to turn up his microphone for other parts of the show? People around me all had similar thoughts about the volume level.

Good to read another favourable review! Yet to see even the slightest sideswipe - this reaction could grow on me!

(Doesn't it make you feel the teeniest bit smug that we've known just how ace he is all this time?? :whistle: He's like the best kept secret EVA!)

You're so right Maggie. Its like Manna from heaven after all we've had to read and hear said about him over the years. Just imagine how he must be feeling too :heart:

I love this review :heart: :heart: http://www.puffta.co.uk/blog.asp?a=5100

Pop Idol runner-up and all-round nice guy Gareth Gates has wowed critics in his West End debut...

The floppy-haired lovely has taken over from Any Dream Will Do winner Lee Mead as the main man in a West End revival of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, and he's shocked critics by being really rather good. Baby faced Gareth, who lost out to Sir William of Young in 2002's Pop Idol, before scoring 4 number 1 hits and 'starring' in Dancing On Ice, has been hitting the gym in an attempt to buff up his body for his West End run - and the results are pretty impressive. Let's hope that this role finally gets Gareth the credit he deserves for his many talents and general loveliness.

I'm loving Puffta :hyper: