Joseph reviews

Snowdrop

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that report, it's great. I only wish we could read some reviews by these critics, as I haven't seen anything in the newspapers yet.

I don't think the critics have been yet. Gatesgal.

How long after he starts do they go? I always thought they were there at the beginning. If we have it yet to come that is excellent! I received an email from my friend, who was not particularly a fan of Gareth, she was there supporting her grandson, who is in it, and she said very complimentary things about Gareth's performance on Saturday night.

I don't think "critics" are obliged to go, or to write reviews for every production. They tend to go to brand new shows on 'press night', but when it's a new person taking over they might not bother. It probably depends on whether or not any of the relevant staff want to go or if they think it's worth their while.

But while waiting for the professionals, there's no reason why those of us who have been can't write to out regular papers or magazines, or radio stations to tell them about it. Who knows, it might trigger extra interest? :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

I found the following yesterday from someone who was at the opening night (I don't think it has been posted before):

Monday 9th February 2009

We saw Gareth last night in his official debut show. He was much, much, much better than we had expected.

We go to see 'Joseph' regularly because our daughter is in the children's ensemble (Levi team). We were sorry to see Lee Meade leave and believed that would signal the beginning of the end for the show's current run.

Gareth was clearly nervous to start off with, but amazingly turned out to be a better actor and better singer than Lee (though possibly not such a powerful voice yet and arguably not so good looking). Even his six pack was better than expected. The acting was a surprise, he actually put lots of feeling into it which paid off, plus you could see some of his natural personality shining through, adding to the show. It was a great night, with everyone on their feet clapping along. My daughter, who fancies herself as a Joseph connoisseur, even gave him a grudging thumbs up (obviously as supporting actor to her staring lead in the chorus).

It remains a great family show that can't fail to bring a smile to your face.

Well done Gareth - you won us over!

Clare.

You can find the actual review at First Night Review - you need to scroll up a bit to find it. Thought it had some lovely comments, though I don't agree with "arguably not so good looking"!!

Love Linda

Great find Linda, its really good to get reviews from non Gareth's fans and people who thought Lee was the best. And for them to say Gareth was the better actor and better singer is brilliant.

Oviously we all disagree with her about Gareth :wub: looks, lol (even though Lee does look good too). :laugh:

So thanks so much for finding this. :D

Thanks Maggie

This is really lovely. I've got tears in my eyes reading these posts. Its such a joy to see people other than us saying lovely things about Gareth :heart:

You can actually post your reviews on the Adelphi Theatre site and having enjoyed it so much have done so. Hopefully he gets to see them and gets even more confident altho I must say Gareth was superb on Saturday so must have got over his nerves

Guest PEPPERPOT

Thank you she was certainly very pro lee at first then when our gaz started she was suprised really to like him lolllll we know dont we lolllllllllllllll

I think this is a fair review/description of the show http://golondon.about.com/od/londontheatre...osephreview.htm

I'd recommend Joseph for a fun night out where you'll laugh and sing along. There's a real party atmosphere for the finale. Go on, give in to it and clap and sway. Enjoy Joseph for what it is. Yes, it can be somewhat camp and gaudy but more importantly it's entertaining. And isn't that what we want from a night at the theatre?

Yes we do :laugh: