Laurence Olivier Awards - 8th March 2009

Val4Gareth

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll need to keep an eye out for photos and any gossip! :heart:

I see they also list Ruthie Henshall as going - shouldn't she be at Dancing on Ice on a Sunday evening? Or is it one of those afternoon things? Or maybe she's turning up late! :laugh:

We'll need to keep an eye out for photos and any gossip! :heart:

I see they also list Ruthie Henshaw as going - shouldn't she be at Dancing on Ice on a Sunday evening? Or is it one of those afternoon things? Or maybe she's turning up late! :laugh:

Ruthie Henshawe has been nominated for an award.

Wow, wow, wow! This is fantastic news! I used to watch the SWET awards every year back in the day when they were televised and just loved it every time. So disappointing that they stopped covering it for TV, but hopefully we'll catch sight of him online. I wonder if he'll present anything? Fantastic lineup of other guests to what the Daily Telegraph calls 'theatreland's most prestigious awards':

Lindsay Duncan, Penelope Wilton, Michael Gambon, Patrick Stewart, Derek Jacobi, Deanna Dunagan, David Bradley, Elena Roger, Ruthie Henshall, Denis Lawson, Douglas Hodge, Margaret Tyzack, Michael Grandage, Michael Boyd, Sonia Friedman, Sadie Frost, Imelda Staunton, Ian Lavender, Andrea Corr, Dominic Cooper, Sheridan Smith, David Hare, Pete Postlethwaite, Jason Donovan, Tom Chambers, Anton du Beke, Kevin Spacey, Jodie Prenger, Sian Phillips, Gillian Anderson, Rosalind Plowright, David Morrissey and Liza Goddard.

Some massive names in there!

This is brilliant news.

Wonder if Gareth feels nervous? On a fickle note, wonder what he will wear?

Lindsay Duncan, Penelope Wilton, Michael Gambon, Patrick Stewart, Derek Jacobi, Deanna Dunagan, David Bradley, Elena Roger, Ruthie Henshall, Denis Lawson, Douglas Hodge, Margaret Tyzack, Michael Grandage, Michael Boyd, Sonia Friedman, Sadie Frost, Imelda Staunton, Ian Lavender, Andrea Corr, Dominic Cooper, Sheridan Smith, David Hare, Pete Postlethwaite, Jason Donovan, Tom Chambers, Anton du Beke, Kevin Spacey, Jodie Prenger, Sian Phillips, Gillian Anderson, Rosalind Plowright, David Morrissey and Liza Goddard.

Quite a varied assemble.

I recognise some of the names (but not too many) :blush: I know Douglas Hodge appeared in La Cage (and he's a bit of allright :blush: ). Ruthie Henshall is an established actress but I know her best for Dancing on Ice :blush: Jason Donovan is of course Jason Donovan (and about to start in the new Priscilla later this month) :blush: and Gillian Anderson is sometimes a loose women :blush:

I know Micheal Gambon, Patrick Stewart and Pete Postlethwaite are famous actors but can anyone remind me of their roles, please? :blush:

Gillian Anderson was in the X Files!

And Kevin Spacey is a massive film actor, who is very into theatre. Pete Postlethwaite has also done loads of film work too, such as In the Name of the Father, Brassed Off, The Usual Suspects and Romeo and Juliet etc.

Patrick Stewart was Captain someone in Star Trek!!!! :tongue:

I know Micheal Gambon, Patrick Stewart and Pete Postlethwaite are famous actors but can anyone remind me of their roles, please? :blush:

imdb.com is always your friend at times like these:

Michael Gambon

Patrick Stewart

and Pete Postlethwaite

But there's also Derek Jacobi, :shocked: Kevin Spacey :shocked: Imelda Staunton :shocked: SO many!!

And Anton Du Beke :D

Gillian Anderson was in the X Files!

Sorry got the wrong Gillian :blush: (have we a double :blush: anywhere)

Am loving imdb.com. thanks.

Oh and I love Pete Postlethwaite.

And Anton Du Beke

hmmm yes, quite!!

Let's hope Gareth doesn't choose the short straw and be sat next to him. He looks like he would bore the pants off anyone (hmmm on second thoughts) :blush:

Oh and I love Pete Postlethwaite.

You're in good company. Steven Spielberg called him "the best actor in the world".

He was on the Daily Mayo podcast last week, but unfortunately it's already gone from iTunes and the Five Live site and I've deleted it now. :sad: But it was a really good interview . . .