Gareth on Saturday Kitchen - 25.4.09

Val4Gareth

What a delightful program it was. He was so loveable. Had to go out half way through so only just watched the rest. He was so proud of his stirring of the peas and beans :laugh:

Very familiar look on Silvena's face when she was looking at him. She loved him. No surprise there :heart:

So glad he got his heaven rather than hell :heart:

I didn't manage to catch this yesterday but at the end of the day I was pleased I didn't, because I was out with friends last night, who had seen it and it was interesting to hear it from their perspective, without me knowing what had gone on (or being nervous of what they were going to say).

Interestingly enough my friend commented on how fresh she felt Gareth looked, thinking that it must have been about 8.00am for him to arrive. Her and her husband felt that he was very relaxed and that old saying 'No side to him' (where the hell does that come from, I wonder)!

This morning I seemed to watch it with a different perspective.

I loved the show and just loved James Martin (my son's hero). He certainly isn't as I expected this top chef to be. It was all very relaxed and humorous.

For all he says he's the chef at home,Gareth looked like he had perfected the way of moving out of the way, at just the right time (perhaps used to dodging the cooking) I think it's always difficult being in someone else's kitchen but he did well.

He seemed to relax into the show and he certainly enjoyed the food.

Can't believe he mentioned Mashed potato sandwiches

(I love them too) :fear:

I think it stemmed from when my dad used to come in from work (this being when I was young) and I had already been fed, but used to sit with dad at the table and would always want some of his dinner. He used to mash some of his potato in the gravy and I would put it on some bread and butter. ( A bit of useless information, but has bought back some lovely memories for me)

Not sure where Gareth's love of these developed??

Thanks for the links to the show.

Thanks so much for the uploading it on YouTube Snowdrop.

Is it only me or Gareth is getting more and more gorgeous? :heart:

He seemed to be very relaxed and enjoying it from what I've seen. His speech has improved recently - I was really worried after the BBC Switch show. I see I'm not the only fan of mashed potatoes sandwich, as I can see. :fear: Agree, Eternal. Not easy to be in someone else's kitchen!

• 2 weeks later...