Gareth on Saturday Kitchen - 25.4.09

Val4Gareth

Update from Fig on OS.

Gareth will be joining the line up on this week’s Saturday Kitchen – BBC1 (25.04.09)

Looking forward to that :hyper:

Edit to put correction of Figaro:

***CORRECTION***

Saturday Kitchen will be starting 30 mins earlier than normal, so tune in to watch Gareth at 9.30am on BBC1!

Thanks for posting. I'm going on holiday, but will watch it first.

There's a summary on Radio Times online now:

James Martin presents another menu of mouth-watering recipes, great chefs and celebrity guests. He is joined by top chefs James Tanner and Silvena Rowe. Singing sensation Gareth Gates faces his food heaven or food hell, and there are more helpings of the Two Fat Ladies, Rick Stein and Keith Floyd. Plus another dramatic omelette challenge and top wine choices from Susy Atkins.

I like that - singing sensation. I wonder what Gareth will give as his food heaven and food hell?

I'm not sure why I thought this but when Gareth did this blog Here I felt that him saying he was waiting for desert, was some sort of hint at who he was with. I don't think for a minute he would get out his laptop in the middle of dinner. :no: I initially thought about Gordon Ramsay but the desert got me thinking about James Martin, who is famous for his deserts. Perhaps it was just a silly hunch, but who knows.

Anyway good to see him appearing on Saturday with James Martin.

I haven't seen the show previously so am not sure what to expect, so excited at the thought of what's ahead.

Singing Sensation making a delicious sweet. :heart: What more could any girl ask for? :heart:

I haven't seen the show previously so am not sure what to expect, so excited at the thought of what's ahead.

It's quite good - very easy-going. They always have a couple of chefs who do a dish each and compete to make the fastest omelette a la ''star in a reasonably priced car' on Top Gear. They have a couple of members of the public in as guests and a celeb - James Martin then cooks their food heaven or hell - dependent on a public vote.

Roll on tomorrow! :D

It's a bit of a magazine show, so they cut between the studio (with guests) to other things. They were showing Celebrity Masterchef, but the last time I saw that it was the semi-finals, so there's bound to be something else on there instead, lol.

Gareth was shown in the preview. His food heaven is chicken, because he needs the protein to look good in his loin cloth. His food hell is mushrooms because he hates the texture.

I can't believe Gareth hates mushrooms! I may have to reconsider being a fan. :shocked: