Last night of Joseph

Snowdrop

I'm back at the hotel with Maggiemags. There's so much to say, and I'll post a full report later, but for the time being - it was ACES. Gaz was ACES. Everyone was aces really. :wub:

I thought I'd be very sad today and at the end, but it wasn't too bad. The whole atmosphere was amazing and everyone was having such a good time and I've got some fantastic memories.

I was in the dress circle and everyone there was on their feet, and by the look of things, so were the stalls. Everyone got a cheer when they came on stage, which was lovely. There were a lot of fairly hard-core "Joseph" fans there, so people who weren't there specifically to see Gareth, but I overheard a lot of people saying how good they thought he was and how he'd done really well and so on.

Tim Rice was in the audience too. We saw him coming out of the stage door and he waved to everyone, but didn't stop. The stage door was absolutely mobbed and the traffic was struggling to get through. Gareth come out for a bit and he was mobbed and the road was completely filled, and people weren't moving for the cars, so I think the security man pulled him back in before there was too much trouble!

There is so much to say, but I need some time for it to sink in, so expect some more details later!

I hope some of the rest of you will post your reports too. :heart:

(Although I know quite a few of you are still in your hotels too, lol)

What a wonderful day I have had.

There was such an amazing atmospher for both shows.

I've never clapped so much for a long time. It reminded me of the days when Gareth did his concerts. Everyone got up and danced and clapped.

The matinee was special becasue they made so many funny changes, you just couldn't stop laughing and trying to notice them.

The first thing we noticed was when the brothers get hold of Josephs coat and go around him in a circle. Well they did it the other way around and you couldn't see Gareth. was so funny.

When they wear there sun glasses they wore coloured slitty ones instead..

The narator used a packet of wine gums instead of a chicken leg.

When that amazing girl did her dancing, she was held up in the air for ages.

When gareth has a drink from the narrator and it's usually pretend, my husband recons it was shandy and Gareth wanted more.

When a couple of the girls have a big head dress on, one had a pink pig stuck in the top.

All the girls came out reading magazines, but I can't remember what that was inplace of.

In the evening I was in the dress circle, and you get amazing views of the whole stage and were able to take in the whole show far better. Lots of things I missed by being in the stallls.

Another specail thing was meeting all my old Gareth friends and meeting new ones to. It's been a long time since we've all been together like that.

I will never forget the atmospher of being to a final night.

Roll on the next musical. :smile:

Just got back home. What can I say, what a day. Loved every second of it. The fun in the matinee show and the evening was 10 times better than the brilliant performances I'd seen previously. I've never stood for so long clapping and cheering. Every single one of the cast received their own ovation and the ones for Gareth were immense. He looked so emotional and proud of himself at the end of the show and even had a few tears in his eyes at the end. I was expecting to feel sad when it ended, but with the exception of feeling for Gareth so obviously emotional I felt so much better than I thought. He has been so good that there is no way there won't be something following on from this :heart:

Was pleased to see Tim Rice there watching and signing autographs for people in the interval. Loads of the children from the show and some of their parents were in tears as they left the theatre :heart:

I will write more later as I'm extremely tired right now.

I am so pleased it went brilliant, was thinking of you all when travelling back yesterday. So wished I could have been there too.

But thanks so much for your lovely reports, Snowdrop, Hazzy and Val. Its great that people who could not go find out all the details from people who went.

Cant wait for more reports and maybe some photos from you all. :thumbsup: :smile:

Glad you all had a wonderful time and agree it was a wonderful experience yesterday such a special and emotional day. :smile: I managed to go to both shows with Browneyeschantel now a really good friend from home and they where fantastic in two different reasons. :smile: Loved the mat performance because the light heartiness of it all. My friend and I were laughing all the way through at all the changes they made and trying to spot them too so many very funny. Loved the one sock in close every door and then how it just disappeared when he started to dance. Thought the brothers where very funny too they way they broke into the roof is on fire I think and where pulling funny faces and very bright sun glasses instead of their usual dark ones.

Evening one was so emotional after every song could feel a lump in my throat and could see how emotional the cast where had tears in my eyes too. Could just see the tears building up in Gareth eyes everyone in the cast seemed so emotional. Loved how he got a standing Ovation and how everyone was up on their feet throughout the mega mix. :smile: :hyper:

We managed to get to the stage door after the mat but couldnt believe how packed it was right across the road managed to get a picture signed for my friends mum but I didnt try anything else was just two packed. Was the same again in the evening to the road again was packed right over to the pub. so all the cast got a fantastic sent off so proud. :smile:

Saw a lot of you from the forums yesterday but because never spoken to anyone before wasnt brave enough to say hi just managed to speak to sarahjane and Andrea garethsgemsmum who where very friendly nice meeting you both.

Here are the few pictures I managed to take yesterday

post-132-1243799262.jpg

post-132-1243798999.jpg

post-132-1243798679.jpg

post-132-1243799453.jpg

People were throwing gifts over the heads of those in the front for Gareth to catch and pass back to the security behind him. Wonder what was in the BHS parcel

post-132-1243799737.jpg

post-132-1243800083.jpg

And this is my favourite one :heart:

post-132-1243800462.jpg

There great pictures Val.

It was a shame I wasn't able to say cheerio to you all, and I missed seeing Gareth come out at the end as I had to catch my train home.

It was so manic I couldn't see anyone, other than Snowdrop to say bye to.

Thanks for your reports everyone,here are a couple of pics I took in the afternoon.

31maylondon027.jpg

31maylondon022.jpg

31maylondon029.jpg

31maylondon028.jpg

In the afternoon another funny thing was, they only took 1 sock off Gareth,he sang CED behind the bars with 1 long white sock on :laugh:

Thanks for the photos doris do you mind if I save the one of me getting my friends ticket signed? I noticed the sock too but when did he take the other one off cause we where laughing at the one sock then when he was dancing they where both gone.

I especially love the crowd ones, seeing all those many people wanting to see Gareth is fantastic. :thumbsup:

The crowds were fantastic Khelda and those were only the ones in the afternoon. The evening crowd was even larger. Nothing could get down the road at all they were having to turn round and go back the other way. It was impossible to take pictures of the whole scene then as you could hardly move.

It was a shame I wasn't able to say cheerio to you all, and I missed seeing Gareth come out at the end as I had to catch my train home

I didn't see you go Hazzy. It was lovely to meet you at last and what a great day it was wasn't it.

In the evening you couldn't get near to the stage door so I stood on the pavement accross the road. What people didn't realise was that Gareth was getting dressed at the window in his dressing room above,he kept popping his head out of an open window looking at the crowds, he was smiling. I did take a couple of pics but because it was dark they are not clear,in one of his dressing room windows he had a rather deflated pink balloon bobbing about.

I know some people from the boards had their pic taken with Gareth in the evening,but it was understandable that the doorman pulled Gareth back and said "enough".Lots of upset children who had worked with Gareth over the weeks had programmes to sign and presents to give him were disappointed.They were told Gareth might come out again if he could(everyone had to clear their dressing rooms out)

After a long wait and some of the cast saying Gareth had gone,people eventually dispersed .It was lovely to see so many people at the stage door for Gareth, and other members of the cast,(they were able to oblige their fans). It was sad but understandable to see so many people disappointed at not being able to see or have a picture with Gareth.(I know you were especially upset sarahjane)

I had a wonderful day on Saturday,both shows were completely different,Gareth was superb. In the afternoon he joined in the fun(bet he wondered what tricks they would play on him next)In the evening he was very emotional as were all the cast.

Thanks for the photos doris do you mind if I save the one of me getting my friends ticket signed? I noticed the sock too but when did he take the other one off cause we where laughing at the one sock then when he was dancing they where both gone.

Your welcome to save any of my pics. :thumbsup:

After Gareth sang CED and all the dancers ran on, Gareth knelt down and pulled the sock off ,he threw it to a dancer at the back. :laugh:

. What a lovely day we had yesterday with the sun shining, but there was a sadness in my heart tinged with regret that it was the last day of Joseph.

I met Ann, and we made our way to the theatre. I was hoping to catch Gareth on the way in, as I had promised Kate I would get her a signed programme. When I saw the amount of people I was not so sure, as the road was lined as well as the pavement, and the mass right by the stage door was thick with many people.

Gareth arrived, and although I couldn't get any where near to him, I held out the programme, and after a while, managed to catch his eye. He signed it straight away, saying. " No worries babe." and he even spelt Katie the way I asked him too. What a star! I did not ask for a picture as there were so many others there, and I thought it might give people who have not had one a chance.

I did manage to push Ann into his arms, and she had one, as they are very precious to Ann. I was sorry that Emma wasn't close enough to get one, but in a situation like that, Gareth hasn't got the time to see everyone, and there is always the man calling him in. I'm sure there will be other times, as Gareth is not going anywhere.

The matinee performance was a lot of fun. Ann and I sat in row B. First of all the brothers' wives came out on the revolving stage reading hello, Ideal Homes, and suchlike, which made us all laugh.

Later, in the show where the brothers show Joseph's coat, Gareth was valiantly singing, " I look handsome I look smart." and they covered his face up, which was great because their expressions said it all.

There was also the scene when the brothers had their loaves of bread, and one of them bent his in half like a banana.

In both performances Gareth sang his heart out, and put his heart and soul into the show. His acting is brillant, his voice just gets better and better, and i heard quite a few people on the way out say that they hadn't realised just how good he was. I'm sure I saw tears inhis eyes when he took his bow, and I certainly had them in mine!

I'm sure this tremendous debut he has made will stand him in good stead for the future, and I'm so delighted he has won himself lots of new fans to add on to all the " Faithfuls."

I would just like to say I had a wonderful day, and it was lovely to see everyone. I saw Chris and Val, Doris from a distance to wave, Emma, who spent some time with us, and is a lovely girl! Andrea and Sarahjane, Gill and Dave, Maureen and Alan, as well as Elaine and Brian, Vera and Mick, and dear Ann, bless her. It was great to meet Hazzy from GPG, got a glimpse of Maggiemags. I just hope I haven't forgotten anyone. It was a lovely day spent with lovely people, and I can't wait to do it all again soon!

I did take one pic of the crowd waiting for Gareth, but one lady turned round, and she may not want to be posted on the forum.

I hope i have posted this in the right place.

Thanks Gatesgal for your lovely report, and yes its in the right place. :D

Sounds like you and lots of others had a great day and I think its lovley for Gareth that so many people wanted to see him. But unfortunately when its that busy and on the last day its not possible for him to see to everyone.

Would have loved to be there in person too. :smile:

I did look for you Inge, didn't know if you were coming or not. I believe Snowdrop went, and was in the dress circle, I was up there too, but have never met her, so don't know what she looks like.