Olivier awards 2010

Val4Gareth

Lynne Wilmott posted about this on Twitter and I've now just found another mention on Whats On Stage website so thought we perhaps should have it in a thread on its own

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/olivier_awards/

And a little about the event

http://www.whatsonstage.com/gossip/theatre...s%3F%3F%3F.html

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a google alert for this, but it took me a minute to work out what they meant, so for those in a similar situation, both casts of Les Miserable will be performing together at this year's Olivier Awards ceremony which takes place on Sunday 21st March.

It's not been on the tv for years, but apparently there will be a show covering it on Radio 2 from 8-10pm. It's not clear if this will include performances, or will be restricted to a commentary and interviews etc. There will also be live streaming on the Whats On Stage website.

I think this is the event Gareth presented at last year. :thumbsup:

I got a google alert for this, but it took me a minute to work out what they meant, so for those in a similar situation, both casts of Les Miserable will be performing together at this year's Olivier Awards ceremony which takes place on Sunday 21st March.

It's not been on the tv for years, but apparently there will be a show covering it on Radio 2 from 8-10pm. It's not clear if this will include performances, or will be restricted to a commentary and interviews etc. There will also be live streaming on the Whats On Stage website.

I love that fact that What's on Stage say that there will be 53 cast members from both shows performing and the only one that they mention by name is Gareth!!!! :frantics:

I also got the google alert , and couldn't work out what it meant at first , exciting stuff :smile:

I'm going to be going away for a long weekend this weekend, so won't be able to listen or follow what's happening online. I have set my tv to record, but hope others will be able to check what's happening on the web and so on - just in case of extra important gossip.

reelkandi

Wow! Watch @Les_Miserables perform live this Sunday and you'll see why it's still going strong after 25 years! Amazing! #oliviers about 7 hours ago via HootSuite

reelkandi

Music reheasals for the Olivier Awards have finished! We have some very talented singers and musicians performing on Sunday! #oliviers about 6 hours ago via HootSuite

Fab, thanks for the update. It's all very exciting.

What do you think they'll be singing? I'm guessing "One Day More". It's not a song that particularly shows off Gareth's vocal ability, but it's a very good song all the same, and will be quite magical to see it with so many people on stage.

It was posted on the Muiscals website that some of the London cast thought that Gareth, and various others from the tour, couldn't make it on Sunday, but I don't think they'd have put it onto his Facebook without checking! I can be a bit cynical about 19's ability to promote him, but I'm sure they'd not just read the story on google alerts and post it! :laugh:

Gutted that I don't seem to be able to recored the video and torn as to which audio to record - the sound's pretty poor on the live feed, but I really want to watch it, but I want the audio from R2 too! Aaargh.

Plus - someone needs to explain the concept of a microphone to this woman - she appears to be trying to 'project' with a bad throat, whilst fully miked up. Odd.