Olivier awards 2010

Val4Gareth

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dorral for posting the video nad mp3 from Olivier awards. Gareth is fantastic. I wish , that I saw him live in Les Miserables in Birmingham on Edinburgh. It would be the best present for my 25 birthday in April 25.

Thanks Dorral for posting the video nad mp3 from Olivier awards. Gareth is fantastic. I wish , that I saw him live in Les Miserables in Birmingham on Edinburgh. It would be the best present for my 25 birthday in April 25.

Flower have you looked on you tube and watched?

Evening. I'm just back too, and I'm so excited to see this.

I appreciate I might be considered biased and all that, but I honestly think that of those principals who made it to the Olivier Awards, the touring cast showed up the current West End ones. I fully expected Gareth's Marius to be my favourite, but I had anticipated the other one might attempt a bit of a fight. Their Javert and Valjeans aren't as good either. :blink:

It was lovely to see, but what a shame for everyone waiting around for something to happen, only for it to drag on and on and on. Why on earth can't they put these things on a bit of a delay so they can edit out bits to keep to schedule, or even force people involved to keep to schedule in the first place!

It can't have been an easy performance to put together, and probably could have done with an extra run through, but understandably joint rehearsal time was in short supply, and the stage is different etc, so well done everyone involved. Especially Gareth. :wub:

Wow, we were lucky to catch it before it vanished!

A pity the performance cannot be left there for the world to see.

In many ways, Youtube made Susan Boyle a global star (not "Britain's Got Talent"). I suppose ITV allow their shows to be broadcast on there. I understand about copyright, but it's strange how a show which started off on the web is taken off Youtube, it 's not as if you can purchase an official video instead (though, as you say Val, maybe that's their intention).

They've put up a new highlights video on their site and at the very end if you can be bothered to listen to the rest, there is a short clip of the Les Mis bit, but its only the very end bit, not Gareth's brilliant bits. They have said on twitter that there may be a treat for Les Mis fans later in the year. Don't know what they mean by that :unsure:

I think the mean there might be a bigger clip, or some other Les Miserables feature. Perhaps they'll have the new EPK up.

It's annoying that it was taken down, but the official clips all have advertising, and they'll want people to watch their clips so they can make money back that way. ITV often have clips taken down, although lately they seem to be a bit more realistic about the value of having a YouTube clip to creating buzz around a show.

Thanks, that's the one I saw earlier, but I thought Val had given the link! :blush:

It's nice to see what Gareth and some of the others looked like, but most of Gareth's bits are towards the beginning. How annoying! :shocked:

Oops. Sorry if its repeated. I must have missed the original link

Hey everyone, I have tracked down the video! I would download it myself, but am on an extremely slow mobile connection. I don't want to link to it here, or it may get taken down again - so if anyone can download it for safe keeping (...and send it on at a later date :whistle: ... ) Please PM me and I'll give you the link. Sorry for being a bit hush hush about things, but don't want it taken down before we've got it for keeps! :thumbsup:

Thanks!