Friday Night is Music Night on Radio 2

Snowdrop

According to a couple of the theatres, Gareth will be featuring on the Radio 2 show "Friday Night is Music Night" with John Owen Jones on 21st May. The link they've given isn't working, and I've looked on the BBC site and can't find anything mentioning either of them.

However, this is the link to the webpage about the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wrrv

Something to keep an eye out for! :wub:

(And there might even be tickets available)

That's great to see it confirmed on the BBC website, thanks.

I hope some people from here will be able to go along to the actual recording. It's held in the Mermaid theatre in London - with tickets free, you just need to put your name into the draw. :wub:

Will keep an eye out for this - I love Friday Night is Music Night....

Would be fabulous to hear Gareth on there.

I an thinking of applying for tickets

Jill as you have listened to this show before, how long is the show and when they say featuring, how much is Gareth likely to be on.

I have applied for tickets, if lots of us do, some may be lucky, and then they can report back to everyone else. I presume we do get to see Gareth if we are in the audience, even if it is for a radio programme?

Thanks for the Wikipedia Link Snowdrop, I can't decide what to do, I wonder how soon you will find out, if he tickets are only sent out last minute it wouldn't be any good for me as I would have to book up to stay somewhere and travel arrangements etc.

Has anyone applied for tickets for something like this before and could they tell me when you usually receive the tickets.

They seem to be doing the ticket application for the whole block of shows at the same time, so presumably they will be allocating them soon. As the closing date is soon, there isn't much point in holding off to announce it until the last minute.

But I don't think you lose anything if you apply, but can't go. I'm sure if you said you couldn't make it they'd re-allocate them.

I know I can't go, but it would be fab if a few of our lot could make it.

The theatre is fairly small, so if you do get to go, it will be lovely and intimate with every seat a great one, but it's still 600 seats, so a better chance of getting a seat than for a regular tv recording.

When I have listened in before - the show has started about 7.30pm and finished at 9.30 pm with a break in the middle...there have usually been 2 main performers with the orchestra - and they do about 4 - 6 songs each.

Occasionally there has been only one performer (Sir Cliff was on his own) but most times there are two artists.

It's brilliant to hear the singers with the orchestra - a real live sound which comes across on the radio beautifully.

I am so looking forward to hearing Gareth.... :wub:

My sister went to the first show that G4 did (a couple of years ago) - and she said it was fabulous to be in the audience watching and hearing the show live.

PS If you get tickets to go to the show - you need to get there extra early as they give out more tickets than they have seats for - in case people dont turn up - they tend to want a full audience for the broadcast...some shows are fine - but popular artists can draw a lot of people - I would expect that to happen with Gareth.

Love Jill xx

Thanks for that info Jill. That's way more than I was expecting. What a treat it will be if Gareth does get to sing that many songs.

I am just wondering, seeing Gareth and John are in Les Mis, do they pre-record the show?

This is on during the break between the Edinburgh shows and moving on to Paris Khelda. They have two weeks free in between, so perhaps that's how it will be possible for them to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

Figaro has posted this on the OS

Gareth and fellow co-star John Owen Jones will be taking part in 'Friday Night Is Music Night' studio engagement with the BBC Concert Orchestra conducted by Mike Dixon at the Mermaid Theatre. This will then be broadcast live on Radio 2 at 8pm on 21st May 2010.

Tune in as the sing numbers from the Les Miserables production!

Hope JOJ makes it back in time for the recording :laugh:

Anyone wanting to go, its too late now. Just looked on the site and its fully booked.