Michael Ball show, 25th August

Val4Gareth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great news about Gareth being on the show.

Great news - although very brave of Gareth to sing the song in front of the man who sang it first!

Oh I'd not thought about that :blush: . No pressure then, Gareth.

Would be quite nice to have a last verse duet.

Wonder when it's being recorded?

Khelda, I am sure it will be recorded somewhere by someone, so hopefully you won't miss it.

I'm not sure that the song would work as a duet. It's all about being left on your own, so it just wouldn't make sense, and I also think it would ruin the simplicity of the song, which is tied into the notion of being the only one left.

I'd also like to have a version of Gareth singing it from tv that is just him. If Gareth had already sung it by himself on all the other tv shows it wouldn't be so bad, but call me old fashioned, I'd rather see it sung as intended.

That's great. Hopefully there will be a chat with Gareth too - even if it is at the same time as Cameron. :thumbsup:

I'm wondering if Gareth is recording the show on Thursday and that's why he's not on then. He wouldn't need to miss both shows for the DJ gig, and I don't think they company would normally plan for a second cover to be on just because Gareth fancies a random day off.

Actually, just discovered this Thurday's recordings listed as:

Thurs 19th August

3pm: Michael Aspel

7:15pm: Tommy Steele, Rick Astley

Which means they must be recording Gareth's one at 3pm - they seem to be doing two a day.

This is the website handling audience tickets - if you can work out when Gareth is to be on and can get them. http://www.sroaudiences.com/

Someone who was there today

debscooper @Gareth_Gates Just got home from seeing you on Michael Ball show. Fantastic performance & such a dashing look on your costume! Well done!

10 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

They previously tweeted:

debscooper Just seen Gareth Gates (gorgeous) and Whoopi Goldberg!! #michaelball

about 5 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Some nice comments from Michael Ball fans at yesterday's recording, in response to whether or not they wanted to hear someone else singing Empty Chairs

And don't worry about Gareth's performance, after his nerves talking to Michael, he gave a really stunning performance, and got huge applause etc. I was dreading it, having heard some rally naff Marius' over the years, but he was soooo good. Real emotion in his singing. And doing it so well with Michael a few feet away!! Michael did say it was a song close to his heart (or words to that effect!), so poor Gareth had a lot to live up to.
It certainly was a great recording yesterday, Gareth Gates was wonderful singing Empty Chairs. Amazing how he changes when singing, the boy done good!!
The recording yesterday was brilliant, and I was very impressed with the interview with Cameron Mackintosh.

I thought Gareth was superb and has you say Steve its wonderful how he changes when singing, the sentiment in his voice was just awesome. I think he was very nervous when talking to Michael, and was probably realising that he had a lot to live up to, although Michael did try to put him at ease with his comments.

If he's impressing the hard-core Michael Ball fans, then he must have done well. And I don't think anyone at the Cameron Mackintosh offices would have risked putting someone on Michael's show who couldn't do it justice. :thumbsup:

Those are really great comments from Michael's fans. I'm beginning to think there's nothing that can hold Gareth back now. He's really proving his knockers wrong. You've got to go some to impress the most famous previous singer of the song. :thumbsup:

Only have to wait until tomorrow now!

I have "spread the word" to several friends and family, who will be watching or recording (not "Gareth fanatics" as such, but like to see how he's doing). I bet they will be surprised as most of them will remember him from his pop star days.

Michael's show ratings should leap up for Wednesday!