Michael Ball show, 25th August

Val4Gareth

I think there will be a lot of people setting their recorders for this one! Unfortunately, I've been having bother with mine, so I'm doing a lot of finger crossing. :unsure:

It is lovely to see the very warm comments from Michael's fans. Gareth did say Michael was a lovely man and his fans seem the same. I think we are so used to some other fan groups finding fault that it is almost a surprise that they aren't feeling precious about others singing the song. I suppose they are comfortable with Michael's success and heard enough othrs singing the song to know that's how it works. :thumbsup:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was just Cam Mac Floz. Micharel just said a few words to Gareth before he started singing. Michael said `I hope you know how close to my heart this song is' and Gareth said he did and that was why he was nervous having to sing it. Michael then said `No, I'm nervous, I've just heard you in rehearsal'.

That may not be the exact words they used, but it was something like that.

Cameron Mackintosh calls him "The wonderful Gareth Gates".

Michael Ball calls his version of Empty Chairs "awesome".

I would like to add "stunning" to the list. As you said, Val, pitch perfect and also his diction is amazing, you can hear every word clearly. He didn't just sing it, he acted that song. The range in his voice is amazing.

Remember the "bud" we saw forming in Pop Idol. He has now blossomed and is currently in full bloom. I feel privileged to have witnessed his journey into a major star.

Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Gareth was sensational what a passionate moving performance.Michael Ball was so complimentary and supportive of Gareth's talent which was so lovely. He was quite nervous though- I'm really not surprised performing in front of the original Marius no pressure! :|

Cris, and any others who may be interested. I used to live at the Barbican so know it well. There is a tube to the Barbican Station and it only has one exit. When you come out of the station, cross the road and go up the steps which are practically facing you, turn right and walk along the thoroughfare (there used to be, and may still be a yellow line marked in order to show visitors the way) which will take about five mins. Go down the steps at the other end. You will see an expanse of water to the right and the cinema, theatre and restaurants are to your left. It is not difficult to find. I hope that helps.

Cris, and any others who may be interested. I used to live at the Barbican so know it well. There is a tube to the Barbican Station and it only has one exit. When you come out of the station, cross the road and go up the steps which are practically facing you, turn right and walk along the thoroughfare (there used to be, and may still be a yellow line marked in order to show visitors the way) which will take about five mins. Go down the steps at the other end. You will see an expanse of water to the right and the cinema, theatre and restaurants are to your left. It is not difficult to find. I hope that helps.

Thanks for your help I am going to book tickets tonight

carnt wait but sad that this will be the last time :thumbsup: