Southampton Mayflower Theatre

Snowdrop

There are lots of brilliant reviews on this link :thumbsup:

http://www.mayflower.org.uk/event.asp?show=lesmis10&info=comments

It is lovely to read all the reviews. It just seems like people have got in from seeing the show and have just GOT to tell someone about it!!

'Absolute Perfection' I am the worlds biggest critic of this show after seeing Colm Wilkinson Lea Salogna Philip Quast and Ruthie Henshaw play the role but this is up there with that dream cast and those names !!

John

Waterside

That is a great comparison for this present cast.

Enjoy Hazzy and Khelda.

It doesn't seem that long since you said you had booked. It is all going too quick now.

Thanks Heather. Fantastic mention for Gareth again. They can't all be wrong can they. Love this one

Gareth Gates (pictured) has taken the role of Marius in his stride. The Pop Idol runner-up’s performance of Empty Chairs and Empty Tables, during which his dead friends reappear on stage with candles which they blow out, is one of the highlights of the production.

Thanks for telling about the texts. Look forward to a couple more reviews later :thumbsup:

HI everyone, back home again.

We had a lovely evening, Hazzy and I seeing the show. It was packed, was a huge place. It was fantastic. Comparing to the earlier show I saw, I noticed that Gareth is not quite as disgiused in his earlier roles. No guessing, at least for us. I think the general public looking at the whole probably wont notice it's him.

As last time, the hours just flew by, and it ended far too soon.

We decided to look for the stage door, and there was a small crowd. We stood quite a bit higher in the alleyway and watched when he came out at last giving authographs and having pics taken. Lots of the other performers came out, and nobody stopped them, have to say, that one does not really recognise them.

Gareth had on a lovely black T-shirt, looking good and he was in a hurry. And still he stopped for pics, one pooe woman tried to take a photo of him and her friend/daughter (not sure) when she dropped the camera, Gareth waited a bit, but it seem to be broken.

He then went on to rush past us, when I said to him 'Gareth wait a min, your drink can wait.' lol

To which he replied that no, he was actually going home. He gave Hazzy and cuddle, and stroked my back and said to us, nice to see us again.

I tried to take some pics with him surrounded by the young girls, but when checking they did not come out. Just black. It was really bad lighting there. :|

Thanks for your report Khelda. I'm glad you enjoyed the show again. Nice to hear there were lots of young girls waiting to see Gareth. What a shame the poor lady dropped her camera.

I'm so pleased to hear Gareth was rushing to get home. I wonder if he meant the Hotel or if he was actually driving back to Chiswick. Hope it was the later.

HI everyone, back home again.

We had a lovely evening, Hazzy and I seeing the show. It was packed, was a huge place. It was fantastic. Comparing to the earlier show I saw, I noticed that Gareth is not quite as disgiused in his earlier roles. No guessing, at least for us. I think the general public looking at the whole probably wont notice it's him.

As last time, the hours just flew by, and it ended far too soon.

We decided to look for the stage door, and there was a small crowd. We stood quite a bit higher in the alleyway and watched when he came out at last giving authographs and having pics taken. Lots of the other performers came out, and nobody stopped them, have to say, that one does not really recognise them.

Gareth had on a lovely black T-shirt, looking good and he was in a hurry. And still he stopped for pics, one pooe woman tried to take a photo of him and her friend/daughter (not sure) when she dropped the camera, Gareth waited a bit, but it seem to be broken.

He then went on to rush past us, when I said to him 'Gareth wait a min, your drink can wait.' lol

To which he replied that no, he was actually going home. He gave Hazzy and cuddle, and stroked my back and said to us, nice to see us again.

I tried to take some pics with him surrounded by the young girls, but when checking they did not come out. Just black. It was really bad lighting there. :|

Good to see you back home ok Khelda.

I can't add much else, other than to say I loved the show. It's the first time other than Joseph that I have been to a show like this. I was amazed with the scenery and effects, if thats what you call it. There were so many moving & emotional parts. It certainly was a wonderful role for Gareth, he suited the part, amazing show. Standing ovation at the end was great that my hands nearly fell off.

Some tweets about last night:

mdbuk That production of Les Miserables is the best I've seen. Amazing special effects and Gareth Gates can sing - who'd have thought it? =P

about 9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Lysianthia Les Miserables was superb! Very impressed with Gareth Gates!

about 9 hours ago via web

From the tour Facebook page

Leah 'Lulu' Mcgrath Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I've just watched the matinee in Southampton and was blown away by the performances of the cast! Gareth Gates has definitely got a future in the West End with a voice like that. I loved Empty Chairs at Empty Tables. John Owen-Jones and Earl Carpenter were also fantastic! :-) I came out of the theatre singing One Day More, and I'm still singing now!

12 hours ago

Also

Karen Porter If any one reads The Stage, there are 2 photos from the Southampton Press Night in the Scene Around section! One is of Gareth and JOJ, the other is of Ros, Madalena and Katie. :-D xxx

8 hours ago

Does anyone?

Meanwhile, on the Mayflower Facebook page

Helen Jeanes Saw Les Mis last night. It was excellent. I was really impressed by Gareth Gates. What an incredible cast. I could watch it all over again. A great night out.

18 hours ago

While over on twitter ...

CaptainBeeshit Gareth Gates is playing Marius! He's actually pretty good. Eponine is the best of course.

about 10 hours ago via twidroid

dancingdolphin1 @Gareth_Gates Thank U Gareth, U made my afternoon! Empty Chairs and Heart Full of Love were simply beautiful! Stick to West End please! :-)

about 12 hours ago via web in reply to Gareth_Gates

Going by the cast on twitter, eight of the cast were off with a sickness bug yesterday, with swings playing multiple parts etc. And apparently Claude Michel-Schonberg was in watching last night too. There were rumours that Earl Carpenter was going to stand in as Gavroche! :lol:

Going by the cast twitter , they had a Les Mis School disco night :D

Carl Mullaney

It would appear IMPOSSIBLE to purchase red school socks anywhere in the Hamptons...! It's obviously all White shoes and ankle socks here...

about 14 hours ago via Twitterrific

Reply Retweet . Just got a great outfit for tomorrow night's #lesmis-schooldisco.... Really looking forward to it now! Just hope I don't get LINES!!! ;-)

6:36 PM Sep 8th via Twitterrific

adamlinstead Can I have many twitter updates and photos on the les Mis school disco night please. Upset I'm not gonna be there..

about 10 hours ago via Twitter for

I hope they all had fun - those of them who could make it!

Another happy customer from last night - which goes to show the strength of the whole cast that they can still impress when down so many people.

MissSadieJones Les mis was so good :) sets are amazing and the singing ! Thought Gareth Gates was ace!

4 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

I managed to get a copy of The Stage newspaper this morning. There are two lovely pics in there from Les Mis.

One is of Gareth and JOJ. Gareth is wearing a black jacket with a grey collar, white shirt and dark tie. It was taken at the Press night in Southampton. Its a really nice picture of both of them, but unfortunately my scanner is broken so I can't scan it up.

The other pic is of Rosalind Madalena and Katie. Also a nice picture.

Can't see an issue no, but its the one dated September 9, 2010.l Its got an article titled `Grade and Lloyd Webber in theatre ssale talks, with picture3s from Priscilla WarHorse and Chicago on the front cover.

The pictures of Gareth and the others in inside the back cover Page 47.

I got my copy in WHSmith.

Thanks - I got The Stage in Borders Books last time Gareth was in it, but that's shut, so I'll try the big WH Smith's in town the next time I'm there.

One of Gareth's new twitter followers was at the show last night. :thumbsup:

LisaMitch Tonight saw @Gareth_Gates in les mis.oh god soooo amazing!better than when I saw it in london 11 years ago!empty chairs gave me goosebumps!

about 9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone