The Big Sing BBC

Jill

Hi. I'm not sure if this is right - but I just read on Classical X - that Gareth will be singing on The Big Sing - Songs of Praise - which is to be recorded live on Sunday and shown on tv October 31st and Boxing Day...

http://www.classicalx.com/ftopicp-26207.html#26207

The Big Sing will again take place at the Royal Albert Hall this coming Sunday, and Aled will be presenting, as usual, and also singing one song - a Christmas song from his new album, to be released at the end of November. The programmes will be shown on October 31st, and Boxing Day, December 26th (unsually, the Christmas programme is usually shown before Christmas)

I understand (unofficially!) the guest artists will be:

Enchanted Voices (Howard Goodall's)

Beverley Knight

Russell Watson

Gareth Gates

Tickets have long since sold out! - but occasionally tickets are returned and are available on the day

Hope its right - 3 of my favourite artists there - Gareth, Russell and Aled. :thumbsup:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I did check but couldnt find anything.

Love Jill xx

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jill.

Don't think we've heard anything about this. I do hope it is right. Would be fantastic to be able to listen to Gareth on TV over Christmas. Keep everything crossed.

Yes fingers crossed Val. I was so delighted when I read it. I loved Gareth on the Michael Ball show so much - I was hoping for another tv appearance!

Classical X are usually right with these things - so fingers crossed!

I'll look out for any information on there after the recording has been done on Sunday. Hopefully they will post up who sang and what they sang. :thumbsup:

Love Jill xx

Very interesting Jill - that would definitely be something to look forward to. Thanks for telling us. :thumbsup:

According to this it starts at 6pm. I'm guessing it is a single event in the evening, which results in two separate tv shows, so any guest singers are likely to be involved with just one of them. If Gareth is doing one, and they film his one first, he could be finished early enough to rush off for a flight to Scotland.

If Google map directions are to be believed, it's less than half an hour drive to Heathrow from RAH (not rush hour one presumes) and less than ten minutes to Paddington where you can catch the Heathrow Express. Hopefully his management will have thought of these things before committing him. :innocent:

It looks like they were able to work out the logistics as this has been confirmed by Gareth's management on Facebook.

:jump::thumbsup:

Gareth is recording a Songs of Praise special at the Royal Albert Hall this Sunday. It will air on TX on BBC1 on October 31st. Unfortunately tickets were already sold out by the time he was asked to participate. Be sure to tune in to watch him on BBC1!

Well done on getting the scoop Jill. :hug:

This is such good news!

I'm so pleased that it's been confirmed as really happening!

I cant wait to hear Gareth sing again on tv - I wonder what he will sing?

I've almost worn out the youtube of him singing on the Michael Ball show! :thumbsup:

And also the duet he did with John Owen Jones - River in the Rain....so very beautiful..

I'll have a look on Classical X on Sunday night to see if there is any news on what he sang.

Love Jill xx

Still trying to find out what Gareth sang.

The Classical X forum is undergoing re-construction - so it's a bit all over the place.

Have asked the question though - will post if I get an answer. :thumbsup:

Have found out that Beverley Knight couldnt do the show - so Mica Paris took her place.

Love Jill xx

Just been told on Classical X that Gareth sang a song called "His eye is on the sparrow" - like me the poster had never heard it before. Apparently there are some versions of the song on youtube. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Love Jill xx