Les Mis - The Queens

Val4Gareth

Gareth has just confirmed that he will be playing Marius in the West End. Here is his Tweet

Gareth_Gates I have some exciting news! I will taking over the role of Marius in the West End at the Queens theatre!! Dates to follow...
West end run of Les Mis at The Queens Theatre, from Oct 18th- Nov 20th. Break for 'Snow White' in Woking, rejoin on January 31st - 18th June

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soho Cinders doesn't have a start date. There was talk of them workshoping it this October, and I thought Gareth might have been doing that, but he won't have much time if so! Although that might just be a few days, as I think they've already gone quite far with it - previewing the songs at the Stiles & Drewe evening.

Very exciting about Gareth going to the Queens Theatre production. I honestly didn't expect him to start until after Snow White, maybe doing rehearsals first. I hope he gets a bit of a break, because we know he's doing a McGuire course too. I think our purses need a bit of a break too!

It's great to hear such a good news. I saw him last week at the Barbican and it was so great. I think i will flight to london again next year, to see him at the Queens Theatre.

@eternal: The Queens Theatre is in the Shaftesbury Avenue between the Underground Station Picadilly Circus and Leicester Square. Last week i saw the theatre, i think it's really easy to find :)

Here is the website from the Queens Theatre: http://www.queenstheatrelondon.info/

Thanks for that information Susi. Looks like, as you say, an easy location.

Wow, you coming over from Germany. Did you meet Gareth to tell him where you came from?

We will all be broke and destitute after all these theatre visits but what memories we will have. Might have to wear yet another old frock!!

Wow, you coming over from Germany. Did you meet Gareth to tell him where you came from?

Yes, but i flight only one hour to London so, i think it's okay. I like Gareth now nearly 8 years and when i met him the first time i was 13 years old and spoke no word english and i was too shy to speak haha :). Last Thuesday i met him and i was so happy and i make a photo with him and spoke a few word but i forgot to tell him that i'm from germany :D next time ;)

And now back to topic or? ;)

It might be worth checking if Gareth has any planned holidays before booking tickets. He was/is supposed to be doing a McGuire course in Bournemouth from 10th-14th November, so he might not be doing those dates. Or maybe he's made arrangements for someone else to take it, but perhaps best to avoid those dates, or ask someone who knows, before booking.

We will all be broke and destitute after all these theatre visits but what memories we will have. Might have to wear yet another old frock!!

I know what you mean Chris - just when I thought I'd be getting my finances back on track! :whistle:

I'm absolutely thrilled for Gareth though, he's absolutely proved himself to be perfect in the role though as some have said - when will he ever give himself a rest!

Yes, it seems Gareth is definitely still on to do the course. Gareth's friend from McGuire tweeted today to say he'd met up with Gareth to discuss ideas for his course - as if Gareth wasn't busy enough today. It also looks as if a whole gang of them are off to watch Gareth tonight. :thumbsup:

Hopefully we can get Gareth, his management or even someone at the theatre to confirm Gareth's scheduled time off.

It is possible, and well remembered. When I first saw it advertised I chuckled at Gareth being involved in two of the things advertised - looks like it could have been three!

It will be worth checking, because it might not be all of the cast anyway, but I'd be surprised if everyone else was going and Gareth decided against it.

It's brilliant that Gareth has the role of Marius at the Queens. I seem to remember an interview where he said that he had been offered both roles and had chosen to do the tour - I think he has really impressed CamMac and so has been given the Queens job.

I think that this might have been referring to Gareth going to the Queens and it not being a reference to the O2 concert:

scottgarnham Just saw @Gareth_Gates rendition of 'Empty Chairs...' on the Michael Ball show. Really great job!! Look forward to working with him in Oct!

Scott Garnham is playing Feuilly at the Queens and he is another Yorkshire lad, so I'm sure Gareth and him will get on like a house on fire!

Linda