Les Mis - The Queens

Val4Gareth

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found this on the Les Miserables Facebook page from a couple of days ago.

Imi Sherry I saw it at the Queen's Theatre on Monday night and I still can't believe how good it was. We had the under study for Jean Valjean and he was incredible and as for Gareth Gates as Marius.. I had shivers down my spine from the first to the last note of empty chairs at empty tables :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Reports from here seem to be few and far between compared with the tour, but I found this on twitter

2184ali @Gareth_Gates just saw gareth in les Mis in London. Saw him in Birmingham too. Such a powerful voice And very moving performance xx

about 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

went to see les mis yesterday

met gareth and as usual he was running late ha ha but found time for a chat and a photo

he was very charming as usual and very georgious

during the show the couple sat next to me said that carnt be gareth gates and they were amazed how good he was

we then went on to have the conversation of how he was robbed of winning pop idol and how people are now finding what we have always known how good gareth is

gareth was fantastic during the show and his

voice just seems to get stronger and stronger every time i see him

after the show the inn keeper (sorry i dont know what he is called) came over to talk to us and what a nice person he was he just talked and talked

anyway thanks gareth for a great day

Sondra_

I have huge smile on my face! Just saw @gareth_gates in ad for Us tour about 12 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

They probably use the little video they shot for the tour Les Mis and also show it in USA, (even though not the same singers/actors will take part), lovely for Gareth american fans to see a glimpse of him. :thumbsup:

Thanks Cris for your great report. Good to hear people in seats nearby talking about Gareth.It makes the show all that much better too :thumbsup:

Hasn't that date come round quick from when you said you were going?

Could I ask once again if anyone knows the dates Gareth is appearing in Les Mis please? I can't seem to find the dates anywhere :blush:

Eternal I think the reason we dont get as many reports is, that on the tour more people got to see him when he was near where they lived. And not everyone can go again now its in London

I understand a little of what you are saying but surely as the theatre is nearly sold out (if not sold out) most nights, there are as many people per night seeing it

I think less of us fans are going because most of us went to the tour, and those who might go to London went to The Barbican, so are holding off on going again just yet.

In terms of the general public, Queens Theatre is smaller than all of the tour venues so there are less people to comment. Many people going to the tour had booked tickets months in advance and had to wait patiently, so when they did go, they got excited and talked about it on twitter and Facebook. The show has been on in London for years, so people just don't get as excited about going there, with a lot more tickets being sold nearer to the date, often to tourists who aren't British or even speak English.

It's also much harder to pick up on comments about Gareth in Les Miserables since all of the anniversary celebrations went up a gear and Nick Jonas fans started talking about it. Twitter and Facebook is filled with people talking about about Les Miserable and using the other one-time useful search terms that could help you find people going to a show to keep tabs on what they were saying.

Very nice to read Val. I'll include the main comments from that thread posted so far here so we've got them.

What a revelation! Went to see Les Mis at the weekend (last saw it 20 years ago) and must admit was slightly surprised to see Gareth Gates playing Marius. I had always though of him as being a fairly average pop star.

Well, he was completely and utterly amazing - a rich, full and soulful voice and a brilliant actor as well. Absolutely moved me to tears. If you have the chance go and see him.

Here is a clip of him singing Empty Tables on the Michael Ball show

Gosh, he's all growed up :lol: Lovely voice and looks great too. Well done heim :pray:
We saw him when he was younger ( after pop idol). We were having a meal in a nice pub in Wales & he was in there with about 11 mates - he paid the bill for all & there were posh black limo type taxis that turned up for them. 8)
I saw this too, he was fantastic

• 1 month later...

There are one or two grumbles about the current cast on one of the theatre websites. It is so nice to read one of the theatre going posters to say

the sooner Gates gets back the better to had(think he means add) some weight.

If others dissagree it's nice for us to enjoy the moment. :thumbsup: