Les Mis - The Queens

Val4Gareth

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to you report Chris hope you enjoy the show. I was wondering if anyone could help me I am going to see Les Mis at the Queens for first time on friday. Is it far from the tube station which one closest? and would love to meet Gareth anyone kind enough to direct me to the stage door?

The show was fantastic and Gareth was superb not been lucky enough this time to see him but there is still the 13th in Manchester. The stage door is easy to find just go down the street next to the theatre and it's first left facing the Wellington pub. Have a lovely time on Friday and I hope you get to meet gareth

The show was fantastic and Gareth was superb not been lucky enough this time to see him but there is still the 13th in Manchester. The stage door is easy to find just go down the street next to the theatre and it's first left facing the Wellington pub. Have a lovely time on Friday and I hope you get to meet gareth

I am glad you enjoyed the London show cris, I'm not sure whether I will get to see it or not . I'm thinking that there are so many fans going to Manchester Valentines show , we might not get a look in at the stage door .

I'm glad you enjoyed the show Cris. Gareth is really good as Marius. So looking forward to seeing the show again in April.

Found a report on WOS. Bit scathing about some of the cast, but Gareth seems to have impressed.

Saw the show last night and felt a bit underwhelmed. Had understudies on for Fantine and Madame Thenardier. The current cast for me are not that strong. Simon Bowman wasn't great but to be fair, he wasn't half as bad as some people on here have made out. Disappointed he went low on the 24601 during "Who Am I" though and he tended to overact a bit. Norm Lewis was decent enough but I prefer a bit more strength in the vocals for Javert. Natalie Day was on for Fantine and she was generally OK but her "I Dreamed a Dream" was quite painful at times - she really struggled with the lower notes and she didn't have enough of a belt towards the end. Her acting was pretty good though. I have absolutely no idea why Lucie Jones was cast as Cosette! She was wooden and her voice was nowhere near up to scratch. The 3 stars of the show for me were Gareth Gates, Samantha Barks and Martin Ball. Gareth has such a great voice and acts well, same for Samantha. All in all I enjoyed the show because it has a good storyline and the music is great but it can be so much better with a stronger cast.

I still really enjoyed the London show but I agree that some of the cast were not strong I still think the cast for the tour were excellent and I wish we could have had a DVD of the tour. Gareth shines throughout the show he is amazing and his voice is fantastic he looks and sounds really comfortable playing marius and he continues to impress people that had no idea how good he is. On a different note I sometimes wonder if he has a chuckle to himself when he sees us fans over and over again at the stage door but then again it let's him know how much we appreciate him

I'm pleased you had a good time Cris. I'm going to London next month, but hadn't booked tickets just in case Gareth was on holiday, but as he's still not announced when he's off, I might have to risk it. I just hope I've not left it too late for decent seats! :unsure:

Ring the queens theatre direct there cheaper and you can usually get front row stalls to the left or right they say there restricted view but iv sat there twice there great seats and cheaper than the middle and Gareth does quite a few scenes in these areas your really close to him. Good luck with the tickets

Killian Donnelly has tweeted this picture of the Les Mis 25th Year Guitar signed by the cast. Gareth's name is very prominent right in the middle.

killiandonnelly The Les Miz 25th Year Guitar signed by the cast & crew. How many names can you see? http://yfrog.com/h0mvobzj

I imagine its being auctioned for charity.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few tit-bits.

On twitter:

borobellebaby @Gareth_Gates Hey Gareth, my mum and dad have just seen you in LesMis said you were amazing!! Loved every minute of it!

about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

OHMYDAYSitsHayz Interval! Ahh @Gareth_Gates is my favourite Marius!

about 23 hours ago via ÃœberSocial

jenningzzz @Gareth_Gates you are doing AMAZING as Marius, seriously... Wow! See you after.

about 23 hours ago via ÃœberSocial

And a little bit of praise on the WOS boards from someone who sounds quite cynical.

Saw this cast on Saturday's matinee. It was a stunning performance. Bowman's acting more than made up for a voice that's clearly not in Colm's class, but strong enough nonetheless I felt. Lucie Jones' Cosette possibly the weak link but I always felt that of the character anyway. Norm Lewis my favourite Javert so far, and I was very pleasantly surprised at Gareth Gates' Marius.

kathring80 Katherine Ring

@

@Gareth_Gates great performance yesterday Gareth enjoyed the show well done :)

1 hour ago

Jess_BrightMgmt Jessica Brandon

Hello @Gareth_Gates I saw Les Mis last night for the first time and thought you were brilliant, I was crying my eyes out by the end! xx

1 hour ago

There have been some nice comments on the Les Miserables Facebook page:

Laura Beasley > Les Miserables - Musical

I saw the matinee performance of Les Miserables yesterday...it was fantastic :) Before the show myself and three other girls met Gareth Gates and Samantha Barks :) Les Miserables is the best musical ever !! x

Sunday at 16:46

5 people like this.

o

Emily Padgett Lucky duck... :)

Sunday at 18:06

o

Angela Roemelt you met them BEFORE the matinee. How early were you there? It was really a good idea since they sometimes don't come out the stage door after a matinee.

Sunday at 20:39

o

Marie Kemp Gareth is so sweet (: (: well, - he was to us anyway!! xx

Yesterday at 20:38

Kathy Dickson > Les Miserables - Musical

Gareth Gates spent time with 4 very excited teenage girls yesterday afternoon, talking to them and having his photo taken with them - what a great guy and what a fantastic performance as Mariusxx Thank You Gareth

Sunday at 12:29

5 people like this.

o

Marie Kemp I am in love

Yesterday at 20:38

And another nice one by someone who seems to have been a few times:

Tomoko Sembongi > Les Miserables - Musical

Went to london matinee yesterday! Best ever casting for Val Jean and Jevart!! Gareth was really good with Marius too. Had a super time. Well done and Thanks :-)

Sunday at 13:41

Molly Mileham-Chappell likes this.

o

Angela Roemelt Who was on for Valjean and Javert?

Sunday at 20:40

o

Tomoko Sembongi I think Valjean was Jonathan Williams, who is understudy, but he did super job ;-) and Norm Lewis for Javert. They were super!

Sunday at 23:51