Gates/Wilkes Performing Arts Academy

Val4Gareth

Obviously I'm guessing as nothing official has been said, but I presumed that it would be something Gareth would be running back home. That's what Jonathon has been doing so far, and it feels like the kind of project that Gareth would want to do for his own community, or for one that he has a connection with. I don't think there is the same need for this kind of thing in London, and if it's anything like the model Jonathon has been working with, he'll be getting other people in to do the classes, so he doesn't need it to be near where he's living to be able to nip in.

Although if the question was about the photo-shoot, I'd guess that was in London! :lol:

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, not that I think I'll be signing up. :blink:

This is an article from when Jonathon and his wife started the project. They might change the model a bit, but I think Gareth's role will be very much managerial - perhaps the odd visit for an inspirational speech.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Jonny-Nikki-help-raw-talent-shine/article-1180010-detail/article.html

They might even just be expanding the existing facility in Stoke, or running the same scheme in more than one location.

If they've been doing photoshoots, then it sounds as if they are planning for some press soon - or perhaps doing the website!

This is an article from when Jonathon and his wife started the project. They might change the model a bit, but I think Gareth's role will be very much managerial - perhaps the odd visit for an inspirational speech.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Jonny-Nikki-help-raw-talent-shine/article-1180010-detail/article.html

They might even just be expanding the existing facility in Stoke, or running the same scheme in more than one location.

If they've been doing photoshoots, then it sounds as if they are planning for some press soon - or perhaps doing the website!

Thank you.

Gareth has posted more info about this on Facebook.

http://www.facebook....&id=22143480870

197880_10150219109570871_22143480870_9216396_598547_n.jpg

Friday May 6th sees the opening of the first 'Gates and Wilkes Academy for Performing Arts'. These two performers are no newcomers to the entertainment field and will share their combined knowledge in this arena for their first venture together in Barnes, West London.

It is here that children aged 3-18 will learn singing, dance and drama from highly experienced teachers.

Jonathan and his wife Nikki already run two performing arts schools, 'The Wilkes Academy' in Stoke and Swindon. These have been such a huge success and they currently have long waiting lists because demand for places is so high. Students from both these schools performed last year to over 65,000 people at Old Trafford in Manchester, during half time for Soccer Aid (ITV1).

Gareth's wife Suzanne and Jonathan's wife Nikki are both highly trained dancers and choreographers. They began their professional training at Laine Theatre Arts and have since gone on to dance with worldwide recording artists such as Robbie Williams, Diana Ross, Cher, Take That, Beyonce and Lionel Richie. They will both be teaching dance at the new academy in Barnes.

Gareth, Jonathan, Suzanne and Nikki have been friends for many years and decided that the time was right to join forces and open their first school together.

Classes in Barnes will run every Friday during term time, at the following venue:

The Village Nursery School – Methodist Church

Station Road

Barnes

London, SW13 0LP

Gareth Gates first came to the attention of the public in the original Pop Idol ten years ago, selling over 4 million records, touring and having hits the world over. In recent years Gareth has appeared on the hit ITV1 show Dancing On Ice and more recently carved out a very successful career in theatre. He played Joseph in Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and currently stars as Marius in London's West End production of Les Miserables. An accomplished musician, Gareth not only sings and acts but also plays guitar and piano to a high level.

At the age of seventeen, Jonathan Wilkes won the prestigious Cameron Mackintosh Young Entertainer of the Year Award, and became the youngest entertainer to headline his own show in Blackpool which ran for three years.

Jonathan is currently starring as Khashoggi in the touring version of the hit Queen musical We Will Rock You. His past roles include the Donmar Warehouse production of Guys and Dolls playing Sky Masterson, The Wedding Singer and Grease.

Last year saw Jonathan producing and starring in his own alternative panto show at the Manchester Opera House, alongside Paddy McGuinness.

For more information, class availability and costs, please email:

gateswilkesacademy@hotmail.com or check out gateswilkesacademy

That was a nice piece to read and a lovely photo of them all.

Seems the other venues in Swindon and Stoke are very successful so this third area should follow suit quite nicely.

Good luck to them all.

Didn't realise Johny Wilkes and Gareth had been friends for a long time.