Gates/Wilkes Performing Arts Academy

Val4Gareth

• 2 weeks later...

That's great to know. I'm wondering how it will work for heat. It's not their usual style to feature news on singing and dancing schools, but it's not that usual to have someone like Gareth at the helm. :hug:

Hopefully the Richmond & Twickenham Times feature will be available online, or we need to find a volunteer to obtain copies for us!

Just want to throw my penny's worth in, in case no-one has mentioned it before. Gareth and Jonathan were both in the TV show "Greasemania" a few years back. Also, I remember Jonathan being interviewed at Gareth's opening night as Joseph.

But I had no idea they had been friends for so long. I hope their venture is a roaring success (can't see why it wouldn't be!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went into GatesWilkesAcademy and see it is now opening in September.

That's interesting Sue. Perhaps its because neither Gareth of Jonathan have time to put to it at the moment. We all know how busy Gareth is and I know Jonathan started in a new musical in the West End this week, so sounds like that may be the reason.

Just reading their new front page. I see it's mainly Suzanne and Johnnie's wife. Which makes sense.

But....they really need to sort out their spelling and grammar on the site. to me it looks quite shabby at the moment with so many errors.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading their new front page. I see it's mainly Suzanne and Johnnie's wife. Which makes sense.

But....they really need to sort out their spelling and grammar on the site. to me it looks quite shabby at the moment with so many errors.

I thought it would be but it has now been made plain to all.

Hear Hear to the grammar etc.

Guest NicolaJayne

Johnathon Wilkes has just been on this morning talking about his lead roll in Chicargo, but also mentioned his Performing Arts Academy's.

Philip was asking him what promped him to go into the business and he said all the talent he saw in the kids of Stoke prompted him to open his first one there to channel them to learn the right way and put their talent to good use.

I was waiting for him to mention the one he was opening with Gareth in London but unfortunately he didn't.