Maidstone, 15th July

Floz

http://www.pizzaexpresslive.co.uk/maidstoneBook.aspx?showId=a930e3b4-1894-432f-bc4c-03b0124c3ffd&showDateId=4643

Gareth Gates Show Time 8:00pm / Doors Open 7:00pm

On: Fri 15 Jul 2011

Price: £30.00 per person

Door Time: 7:00pm

Set Time: 20:00pm

PizzaExpress Maidstone

32 Earl Street

Maidstone

Kent

ME14 1PS

Just been looking through the whole site ...for the various venues that Pizza express run. Blimey - they have some good stuff.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for finding that Floz.

Gareth is intending on a very varied catchment area with this new music. Wish he would announce something closer to home for me. But its getting very interesting how diverse his itinary is becoming.

When you say they have some good stuff, what do you mean? Can you note down a few.

To be fair, most of the stuff I meant was Jazz - but folk like Tommy Smith and Lianne carroll and Gilad Atzmon are right at the top of their game.

Also I see they have 'A little Bit of Stiles and Drew' (presumably different people singing than the one G was in!) at one the the venues Pheasantry)

Guest NicolaJayne

This sounds lovely and a much better venue than Heaven for anyone living near by.

I asked my son if he knew Heaven, as he is familiar with most of the London clubs.He said it is the biggest Gay Club in London but not very nice.

His girlfriend works in TV with a lot of gay men and they were invited to a Birthday party there.

She said it was heaving and very dirty (seedy) with lots of sweaty bodies.

My son said it would be a bit tamer though in the week, more like GAY.

I think it's really good that there is a range of venues, all of which will attract different types of audiences, with different atmospheres for different shows. It will be a good way to evaluate how Gareth's music goes down, and might all be very clever market research.

I think it's really good that there is a range of venues, all of which will attract different types of audiences, with different atmospheres for different shows. It will be a good way to evaluate how Gareth's music goes down, and might all be very clever market research.

It's quite an interesting read for this venue:

Set over five floors in an early 19th century building full of character, PizzaExpress in Maidstone has served customers for over 25 years.

As well as a large open-plan restaurant and five impressive function rooms, it also has a vibrant Music Room. This has played host to well-established stars such as Ruby Turner, Humphrey Lyttleton, George Melly, Ray Gelato, Guy Barker and Stacey Kent, but also to local and up-and-coming talent. There are regular open-mic evenings showcasing vocal talent and these are always immensely popular with both singers and listeners. Not only high quality, you will find a very varied programme: from jazz, Latin and blues to pop, soul and even opera.

The seating is split over two levels, with the upper balcony directly overlooking the stage. Despite the surroundings, there’s nothing old-fashioned about the superb modern sound and lighting system!

The Music Room is an elegant and intimate setting in which to enjoy live music, and great food.

:thumbsup:

Ali has confirmed this event now on Gareth's Facebook. I think it will be a great event.

Come to "Gig - Maidstone Pizza Express" 15 July from 19:00 to 22:00. stage time 8pm http://fb.me/zmncbYtx

She's also said the Bath event hasn't yet been confirmed, but will let us know as soon as it is, so that sounds promising. Am really keeping everything crossed for that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting about the gig at Pizza Express Floz.I count myself very lucky that Gareth is performing in my area, as I usually have to travel a great distance to see him. Both Pizza Express at Maidstone, and the Dartford Festival are less than 40 miles from where I live.

I am also off to Heaven with June and Vera, and looking forward to it very much, although London is not near to me.

I hope you all get to see Gareth at venues close to you during this year.

• 1 month later...

Just to say we took a ride to Maidstone to check it out today. It is near to Marks and Spencers in Earl street. For the benefit of anyone going, the nearest car park is FREMLINS SHOPPING CENTRE, some 100 yards away.

Also please allow extra time after leaving the motorway, as there is a Kent show that day, and there will be a lot more traffic into the centre. I hope this helps.

Thanks for that Carol, I am not sure if anyone else is going, but its always helpful to know about where you can park.

Have a great time, and we are all looking forward to your report. :thumbsup:

Thanks Inge, was trying to be helpful but I expect you are right, as we are taking June and Jean with us and meeting Vera and Mick there. Haven't heard about anyone else going, it's probably a bit too far south east for most people to get to. I will cetainly report back after. We will have plenty to report, as we are all going to Dartford as well.