Gareth on Twitter

Val4Gareth

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's an amazing photo - and causing quite a stir if you look at the messages he's been getting this evening. :wub:

Yes, it is a brilliant photo and thanks to Val for posting a larger version of it.

I'm sure I'm being thick but how do you look at the messages that Gareth receives on Twitter?

Linda

Hi Linda, if you go to home on twitter you then see a white box on the right, if you put Gareth_gates in and click on search next to the box, you will see all the messages to Gareth. If you just put Gareth Gates, you will see any messages written about him too. :thumbsup:

It's very handy, but be warned - it doesn't always have all messages. It won't show ones from people who have made their account private, and also it can be a bit temperamental and just not show all messages. If you look at the list of people following Gareth you see the most recent people, and their last message, which is often to Gareth. I've noticed that often these messages don't show up on the search, so I'm guessing quite a few don't always show up properly. I hope people realise this when tweeting Gareth as some people get upset if he doesn't reply INSTANTLY. Or also realise that he often gets many messages and quite simply can't read or reply to all of those that do show up properly.

Hi Linda, if you go to home on twitter you then see a white box on the right, if you put Gareth_gates in and click on search next to the box, you will see all the messages to Gareth. If you just put Gareth Gates, you will see any messages written about him too. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Khelda, I knew I was being thick. Gareth's replies make more sense when you read these. Also thanks to Snowdrop for your comments and advice.

Linda

It's very handy, but be warned - it doesn't always have all messages. It won't show ones from people who have made their account private, and also it can be a bit temperamental and just not show all messages. If you look at the list of people following Gareth you see the most recent people, and their last message, which is often to Gareth. I've noticed that often these messages don't show up on the search, so I'm guessing quite a few don't always show up properly. I hope people realise this when tweeting Gareth as some people get upset if he doesn't reply INSTANTLY. Or also realise that he often gets many messages and quite simply can't read or reply to all of those that do show up properly.

If someone tweets gareth but cant see their own tweet when they search its understandable they will think he aint getting the tweets if they dont know that sometimes they dont show up.theres someone i know who doesnt have it set to private but i can never see their tweets when i use the search

I think if they aren't showing up for you, they won't show up for him either. That's what I mean really. Don't expect that everything you see is all that people are tweeting, and also don't expect Gareth to see everything that people are sending him either. Not just because there are sometimes bugs in the system, but because he's not reading his tweets all day. I've seen people getting upset that he's not replied to their string of tweets - all sent while he's on stage. :whistle:

Are there any London cab drivers who can tell me why a cab (at this time) would go through acton (from central London) to get to Chiswick?!

about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Reply Retweet . Had dinner tonight with the fabulous Michael Le Poer Trench. Such a beautiful man. On my way home.

about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Reply Retweet

Gareth_Gates By using last nights responses to my tweet, I feel as though one of your methods should certainly work tonight... 1 sheep, 2 sheeps... !!

about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone