Gareth on Twitter

Val4Gareth

I looked up Micheal Le Poer Trench as I didn't know who he was . He's an Australian born theatre photographer partner of Cameron Mackintosh :) according to Cameron's wikipedia .Here are some of his images , including pics of Gareth in Les Mis

http://www.google.co.uk/images?rlz=1T4GGLJ_enGB297GB297&q=michael+le+poer+trench&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=rUy1TJbjFom6jAf43uW-Aw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQsAQwAA&biw=988&bih=508

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Gareth having a good time, and catching up with his old cast too. :thumbsup:

Gareth_Gates Great performances from my new cast! And so good to see some of the old cast outside! @rhiannonsarah & @JonathanAlden missed u guys x

2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Not a fun Sunday morning for Gareth

Gareth_Gates #diat Woken up by the phone;One of our tenants calling to say the roof in the apartment has fallen down! Urgh! Just got bak...Now a sun bed!

9 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

I wish Gareth would take it easy with the tan. There was already someone on twitter this morning saying they'd seen Gareth looking very orange - and now he wants to top up. :unsure:

He needs an intervention. :blink:

Gareth you need me - my job is property maintenance. :wave:

Blimey, as well as all his other jobs, Gareth is a Landlord too. Not sure how he fits that into his schedule, because some tenants even ask the landlord to come and change their light bulbs.

Hope you have good people looking after your properties, Gareth.

(Or do you think they just made it up their roof had fallen in so they could have a chat with Gareth :lol: )

Re the sunbed - Whats an intervention? :blush:

An intervention is essentially where family and friends pull you a side to "have a word". The Wikipedia page gives an explanation of it in its most serious, and presumably original form: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intervention_%28counseling%29

I was thinking more along the lines of what you get in sitcoms. :icecream: However, I do think someone does need to have a word, because I don't think Gareth quite knows when to stop with the old fake-tan. He knows people think he's too orange, but he seems to think people are joking. But really Gareth (if you are reading) it's too much. And I don't want you on the sun-beds either.

hmmmm Intervention quite a strong word but thanks.

I think we must remember he is beginning a new job tomorrow and wants to look his best. B)

In a few weeks time when he has gelled with the cast and they are having a heart to heart about their first days in a new job, someone may be brave enough to say they thought he was a bit too orange. :devil: That is all it may take.

Don't take that page too seriously. They are mainly discussing its use in the context of serious addictions such as alcohol or drugs. As I said before, I'm using it mainly in the way it's used in sitcoms - for more fluffy things. I said it as a tongue in cheek comment.

BUT, if we are on the subject, I wish someone could make him see sense. If I'm totally honest, I think Gareth has an unhealthy view of his image and what a tan does for him. I'm not against a little bit of fake tan, but he's well past that stage now and I don't see the point in pretending that it looks good. I know fans like to be supportive, but the way I see it, if you care for someone, you need to let them know when they are damaging themselves, and this tweet from someone earlier today sums up the problem - especially when you consider he was spotted before he announced he was off for a sunbed.

SlinkySparkles A very orange looking Gareth Gates just drove past me in a soft top... His tan looked a bit dirty... Ick.

about 4 hours ago via ÃœberTwitter

I don't want to labour the point, because it's going off topic and getting a bit serious, but while Gareth might think it's all funny, Gareth is damaging his own reputation with his tan obsession, never mind risking his health.

People are always commenting on twitter about seeing Gareth and him looking orange, or in some cases they comment on him smelling of fake tan, lol. And you only really go orange with actual fake tan (as opposed to sun beds). He's obviously using both, something I read about in an article all about the perils of the tanning industry. :blink:

I appreciate that performers have traditionally worn make-up and more recently favoured fake tan because stage lights have the effect of washing you out a bit, and I got the impression that several of the Les Mis cast were also partial to a bit of tan, yet how come Gareth stands out so much? :blush:

62864_497130516163_217240141163_7152382_678116_n.jpg

A bit more

Gareth_Gates Cliff is a legend... His vocals are amazing... He'd show the Xfactor lot a thing or 2!!

half a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

I wonder if Gareth is aware that Cliff is alleged to take full advantage of a "backing track" for a lot of his live performances these days. In which case, quite like a lot of the X Factor finalists over the last few years! :P

Gareth being charming as always

stuartsjg @Gareth_Gates you made my mum-in-laws night by speaking to her and her pal (and her auntie on the phone) after cliff, my wife upset she didn't get to speak to you!

16 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to Gareth_Gates

A bit more

I wonder if Gareth is aware that Cliff is alleged to take full advantage of a "backing track" for a lot of his live performances these days. In which case, quite like a lot of the X Factor finalists over the last few years! :P

Not the concerts I've been to!

Every time I've been there - Cliff has had a full band on stage with him - including wind instruments and often a small orchestra.

For the Bold as Brass concerts in the Royal Albert Hall he had a 20 piece orchestra/jazz band along with the usual rock/pop band plus 3 backing singers... :thumbsup:

The sound in a Cliff concert is incredible - and I so agree with Gareth - Cliff would knock the socks of most of the x factor contestants with his vocals even at the age of 70!

I'm so delighted that Gareth was at one of the shows - if only I could have been there - I could have seen two of my most favourite men! :wub: Oh to have them duet!

Wonder if Gareth was there the night they were filming for the DVD - I will look out for him when I get it! :thumbsup:

PS Great picture from Gareth!

PPS - Just found out that Gareth was there the night of the filming for the DVD!

They usually home in quite a bit on the audience - including those in Boxes - so I shall look out for Gareth! :thumbsup:

Love Jill xx