Performing Arts School in Bradford

Thanks for the scan Heather - it's lovely to see the full article as it is in the paper.

I think it's great that Jonathon is involved with the academies too, along with the wives, and it makes it all a bit more interesting for people writing about them and they can share their experiences and work together on promotion. However, I suspect that rather than Jonathon "saving" Gareth from a tricky speaking situation, Gareth might have fared a bit better if he had been expecting to do all of the speaking himself. Jonathon had said much of what was to be said, then Gareth suddenly realised it was his turn to speak and it was more obvious that he'd got stuck. Although I think it's good that people get to see it as that's part of Gareth's day to day life, as it is for many others in his situation. It's only because it's so rare for people with speech problems to be in the public eye that it stands out and people are drawn to comment on it.

It's great that Jonathon stressed how they are looking for the children to work hard - something Gareth had previously spoken about in earlier interviews about the project. I also thought it was funny that he pretended to be surprised that Gareth was from Bradford. I suspect it's an in joke that Gareth goes on about it all of the time! :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth might have fared a bit better if he had been expecting to do all of the speaking himself. Jonathon had said much of what was to be said, then Gareth suddenly realised it was his turn to speak.

I think Jonathan does seem to want to do the talking. :shiftyninja: He seems to have a lot to say :whistle:

I enjoyed Jonathon talking about the Performing Arts School , which was his idea in the first place , and of his work ethic , which is like Gareth's and his 'Bradford' joke :) That's how I saw it Snowdrop, Gareth suddenly realizing Jonathon had stopped talking, and got stuck when he suddenly realized it was his time to speak , anyway Gareth managed OK and got on with it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link Snowdrop, I enjoyed watching the Video.

Thank you Heather for scanning the newspaper Article, loved reading that too and love the photos.

Yes thanks very much, it was lovely to see, Gareth did fine, but he needs to know when it's his turn to speak, bless him.