Maidstone pizza express news

pongo999

Brilliant. Thanks and tell your mates thanks.

So good to hear Gareth singing some of his own songs too.

Please keep the news coming :whistle:

more info :jump:

Gareth was on for around a hr his band was good the chap on guitar is the one that used to go around with him when Gareth was doing acoustic ( wavy long hair)

he sung about 15songs which included guns and roses Bryan Adams Adele quite a few jazz songs which he sounded very good and strong he sung a few of his own AOMS and ended with SITS

Oh all sounds absolutely fantastic. Thanks. What a treat for those who went.

I think the Guns and Roses song would be Sweet Child of Mine.

Gareth was on for around a hr his band was good the chap on guitar is the one that used to go around with him when Gareth was doing acoustic ( wavy long hair)

Was his name Pete?

the adele song he sung sounded amazing they said

This I would love to have heard.

and yes i think it was pete

It's good to think that they are 'back together'

It's only with hearing news like this that makes me realise how much I have missed it. :wub:

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for letting us know Janice, I have been wondering all night what Gareth would be singing.

Do hope we will get a recording from someone or even better a video.

I have the children stay over on Friday so couldn't go but will be at Dartford on Sunday.

Just hope the weather is better than the forecast at the moment.

Thanks for all your great info from last night Janice. Can almost imagine being there with what you've posted.

So glad to hear that Pete is still with Gareth and I would have loved to hear him singing the Adele song in particular. Sounds like it was a great night.

:lol: at the piano player going to the wrong place. :lol:

June and I have just returned from Pizza Express. We had a fantastic time! We can't do reports at the moment as we have a full weekend, but just to say there was no new material, according to Ali the new music is not ready yet.

Looking forward to your and June's report Carol, I guessed there was no new music from Janice's friends report . Had to laugh about not having a sound check, as JLS didn't perform at a big show last week, because they didn't have time for a sound check, Gareth plays on regardless and was sounding great B)

Had to laugh about not having a sound check, as JLS didn't perform at a big show last week, because they didn't have time for a sound check, Gareth plays on regardless and was sounding great B)

That's the difference between a star and wannabee's Heather. Nothing stops Gareth where his music is concerned. :thumbsup:

Thanks Janice for the details of Gareth's gig on Friday. It's lovely to have some idea of what he sang.

Glad you had a great time, Carol and June. Looking forward to your reports and finding out what Gareth thought of your book, June. Have a fantastic time at Dartford later today.

Linda

This is the second time I have written this report, as I just lost the lot when I tried to upload my pics. So here goes again.

We managed to get to Maidstone in good time for June to give the book to Gareth. Ali was there with him too.

Gareth was very late on, not his fault, the pianist went to Soho by mistake, so everyone was getting a bit fidgety by the time he appeared. He bounced onto the stage, after spotting Vera at the end, spontaneously giving her a kiss, which must have felt very special to her, as she couldn't wait to see him after because she had to get her train.

Our table was very close, it was like Gareth singing in your front room, I wish! The backing was just right, not too loud, and Gareth's voice was truly amazing.

He got a wonderful reception, and many people were waiting to meet him after, so June and I went to the end of the line, and I thought of the first time I met him, and how special it was. When it was our turn, I told him we were coming to Dartford, and what the weather forecast was, and he laughed.

If you want to read more details of the evening, I have written my blog, so won't repeat myself here. I just want to say that I hope Gareth does more intimate venues like this. It is probably one of the best gigs I have seen him do, and I think fans would love to see him in this setting. I count myself very lucky that he same to my part of the country, both for Pizza Express and Dartford, and hope everyone gets a chance to catch him

Here are some randome pics that Keith took

P1000104.jpg

P1000103.jpg

P1000101.jpg