Gareth on Preston FM on Saturday

Val4Gareth

That was lovely. Gareth is so honest about everything. Doesn't try to hide how difficult things are for him sometimes. Probably why he was late answering his phone. Getting his speech working as well as he could. Hope he has a good time on the rides next weekend.

What a morning, a real wind up lol. Waited all that time and my whole internet and phone went down for a few minutes. Got back on in time for Gareth to say goodbye. Please fill me in as it doesn't look like there is a 'listen again'. What did he say??? Sue x

Great interview. Gareth talked about lots. He said that he had holidayed in Blackpool often as a child and spent lots of time on the beach. He spoke about Donna's Dream House (the charity that the Blackpool show is in aid of) and why he supports it. This July is 10 years since his first audition for PI and that he has achieved a lot in his short life. He said that musical theatre was something he always wanted to do and where he started singing in Joseph at school. He spoke about Joseph in the West End and then being in Les Mis. Gareth said that musical theatre had developed his acting skills and that his singing voice is now stronger.

Gareth was asked about his stammer and how much better it is, so of course he talked about the McQuire Programme. He agreed to do a backstage interview with the presenters at Blackpool next Sunday and said that he was doing a gig in Mansfield on Saturday, then hoped to be in Blackpool all day on Sunday - perhaps on a few of the rides!

After the interview they played Empty Chairs At Empty Tables.

It was lovely to hear Gareth speaking about so many things. He explained that he tried to speak quite slowly and methodically in situations like radio interviews so that he could control his stammer.

Sure I've missed something but these where the main things.

Linda

:) Thanks so very much for that expose Linda. Of course would have loved to have heard his voice but this fills me in. My husband said it must have been Orange doing some job, but that very 10 minutes, grrr! Lovely him talking about his childhood visits to B'pool. Did hear 19. Lovely that they played something from POTOS. Sounds like it will be another full on weekend next. Thanks again, Sue x

Thanks Linda for posting what Gareth was talking about. I missed it by less then 10 min, so annoyed.

But at least I heard 19 min played which was just lovely to hear on the radio. I did contact them, saying thank you for playing it before I closed the PC.

Thanks Snowdrop for saving the interview for the people who could not hear it live. Loved the interview, really liked the interviewer saying that 19 min is one of his favourate songs, hope he might play it again sometimes. :thumbsup:

Wonder if they also broadcast the chat they intend to have with Gareth on the day of the concert?

Guest NicolaJayne

That was a lovely interview, thank you to Snowdrop for recording it and to Heather for letting me know about it, as I miussed it.

I am going to Blackpool for the weekend to see Gareth at the Grand and combining it with a meet up with my sister and husband who are also spending the weekend there with us. and also going to the show.

Blackpool also has happy childhood memories for me too and it will be lovely to visit it again as I have not been since my children were little, many years ago. :)

Just hope the weather is kind as I have been to Blackpool in the summer when it has been like the middle of winter.

Thank you Snowdrop and Heather for making is possible for us to hear that interview. I think 19 minutes is among the best songs Gareth has ever recorded.

Elaine have a lovely time in Blackpool, and looking forward to your report. :thumbsup:

Lovely interview - thanks so much for making it possible to hear it! I remember seeing Donna's Secret House on one of the Secret Millionaire programmes, it looks an amazing place and I'm so pleased Gareth is supporting it.:thumbsup:

Thank you so much for recording that Snowdrop I wasn't able to listen in, off to listen now THANK YOU :)

Edits to Say

What a lovely interview, wish I could go to Blackpool but I am away, will miss Mansfield too :(

Elaine have a lovely time,and anyone else who is going, sounds like Gareth will be singing quite a few songs :) can't wait to hear all about it.