Aladdin - Milton Keynes,OMG

maria_1981

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Milton Keynes handy for you Maria? It's another one that I won't make it to, but it's nice for people who live nearby. :D

By the way, it's a typo on the Facebook announcement. The page for tickets is www.agtickets.com/milton-keynes-theatre

The pages specifically for their pantomime is here.

I wonder if Gareth is playing Aladin, which will be a bigger part than either of the Prince Charmings he's done before, so more of a challenge for him. :D

I wonder if Gareth is playing Aladin
Gareth Gates will star as Aladdin in the MK Theatre panto this Christmas!

Thanks Maria for the info.

Living in Manchester it's a lot easier and cheaper to commute to MK,no overnight stay.If it is that Gareth had to do another panto,then it's a perfect location for Mancunions. :thumbsup:

alladin.jpg

http://t.co/EP6Kr7E

Thanks for all the news and links for the panto.

I too would have preferred a West End Role but Gareth seems to want this challenge yet again. Good for him to push himself.

I see the theatre can hold up to 1400 people so times that by so many shows and that is an awfull lot of people seeing Gareth singing and speaking :thumbsup:

I'm not keen on the outfit either. Wonder if he likes it?

Milton Keynes seems a good location for many so this may give lots of fans the opportunity to go :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Maria for posting this and Doris for the pic. I will have to see how far MK is for me. Glad you can go Elaine, and hope some of you others can make it too. I think the colour of the costume is a bit startling, but it may grow on me!

Really pleased to read about the panto. Of course I also want Gareth to do more musical theatre and his album, but I think that he enjoys the fun of panto enormously.

Milton Keynes is much easier for me to get to, although I did go to Wimbledon and Woking. In fact it is quite close to my Mum and sister, so definitely intend to go.

As for the costume, it needs to be Chinese in character and the yellow background in the photo doesn't help much. It may not be what he wears in performance anyway, as the publicity pics for his other pantos showed him in different costumes, I think.

Linda

Contrary to everyone else's opinion, I like the costume :lol: Makes a change from all the regal ones he's worn in everything else.

Gates to headline Aladdin at MKT: POP and musical theatre star Gareth Gates will be taking p... http://t.co/zAdDBJx #Bedfordshire #News

http://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/lifestyle/leisure/theatre/gates_to_headline_aladdin_at_mkt_1_2973897?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

2.10591 function testfunction(commentid) { var commentidvar = commentid; $("input#reportcommentid").val( commentidvar ); }

Gates to headline Aladdin at MKT

1972875161.jpg Gareth Gates as Aladdin

Published on Thursday 18 August 2011 10:18

formatPubDate("Thu Aug 18 10:18:59 BST 2011");

POP and musical theatre star Gareth Gates will be taking panto-goers on a magical carpet ride this Christmas in the title role of Aladdin at Milton Keynes Theatre.

This year’s fun-packed family pantomime opens at Milton Keynes Theatre on December 9 and Gareth will be joined by the hilarious 2010’s Britain’s Got Talent finalist Paul Burling as Wishee Washee.

Paul became a firm favourite with judges and public alike for his side-splitting comedy routines, most memorably his uncanny impersonation of Harry Hill.

The original Gareth has appeared in Les Mis and Joseph as well as donning sequins and lycra for TV’s Dancing on Ice,

He said: “I’m really looking forward to playing Aladdin this year and bringing lots of fun and laughs to the stage at Milton Keynes Theatre.” Aladdin runs from December 9 to January 15. To book tickets or for more information call the box office 0844 8717652 or go online www.atgtickets/miltonkeynes

It's great to see a pic of Gareth in his costume, thank you for posting.. :) I don't mind it actually think it looks good, although it does look similar to something I put together once in my textiles class back in High school :whistle::lol: