Aladdin - Milton Keynes,OMG

maria_1981

where is it. is it,by,southampton for me to go??

I am not too sure Emily, I thought it was further up north?

By Train

Milton Keynes Central Station is on the London Euston to Birmingham main line. For full timetable information call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950 (24 hrs) or visit www.railtrack.co.uk. Buses will take you from the Central Rail Station, to bus stops on Midsummer Boulevard outside the Theatre. There is also a taxi rank outside the station. Journey time 5 mins.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of taking Mia, Val if the travels not too bad. She will be 2 and a half by then so think she will be at an age to enjoy it, so could be her first trip to see Gareth :thumbsup:

I'm sure she'll love it Laura. And you've got to get her well trained as a Gareth fan nice and early. :thumbsup:

Nice interview with Gareth in the MKNews, where he again talks about his band

http://www.mk-news.co.uk/Lifestyle-and-leisure/Interview-Gareth-Gates-on-Aladdin-at-MK-Theatre-31082011.htm

Published: 31/08/2011 11:00 - Updated: 31/08/2011 10:59

Interview: Gareth Gates on Aladdin at MK Theatre

As announced exclusively by MK NEWS, pop sensation Gareth Gates, pictured right, will star as Aladdin in this year’s panto at Milton Keynes Theatre.

In an interview with this paper, Gareth, a good friend of Gavin and Stacey star Joanna Page who appeared last year in Dick Whittington, said he is looking forward to coming to the city after hearing good things about it from her.

He said: “I’ve been to Milton Keynes a few times, the city’s great, but I’ve never performed there though so I’m looking forward to doing that.

“I’ve been a prince twice before in panto, I did Snow White in Woking last year, but this is my first time as Aladdin.”

Asked if he would ever consider playing a baddie, he replied: “Not now - maybe when I’m a little

bit older.”

He has recently finished a worldwide and West End tour of Les Miserables, in which he played Marius, and is looking forward to getting back into panto.

“Les Mis is very sombre and serious,” he said, “so it’s nice just to have a bit of a laugh and mess around with the cast, instead of making people cry.”

Off-stage, Gareth talked about a new band he has formed and which he has started writing an album for, even though they don’t have a name yet.

“I’ve been in theatre for a while and during that you miss the record industry side of things, so I’d love to return to that.

“I’ve put a band together, and it’s good to get together and jam for a few hours to see what sounds we find.”

You can see Gareth Gates, alongside impressionist Paul Burling and other stars yet to be announced, in Aladdin by booking your tickets through the theatre’s box office.

Call 0844 8717652, or visit www.atgtickets.com/milton-keynes.

June, he will always be Gareth Gates, but I suppose its only fair to call the band by a name including all of them, if they all equally work on the music. I think he will be the lead singer.

And when he will do musicals again, it be Gareth Gates again too. :thumbsup:

Gareth says that haven't got a name for the band yet?

So it doesn't look like its going to be Gareth with a Band ... so will Gareth now just be a one of the band members and not Gareth Gates :(

It seems that way. We've got a discussion going about it here in chat. In some ways it's a bit sad that it isn't going to be just Gareth, but I can see the advantages too. :)

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks for the lovely interview Val.

I think its great that Gareth has the band and don't think he needs to be Gareth Gates anymore, but it would be nice as he is the lead singer for him to be Gareth and the -- whatever the name they decide on for his band, sounds much cooler than Gareth Gates.

Also hope for a rocky sound, he has gone down so well in the summer gigs where he has had a rockier sound.

That's a nice informative interview. Tells of Gareth's wishes to remain recording, so has to be good. :thumbsup:

“I’ve been a prince twice before in panto, I did Snow White in Woking last year, but this is my first time as Aladdin"

Sounds like Gareth is looking forward to this lead role.

• 1 month later...