Shanklin Theatre concert, Isle of Wight - 18th November

Val4Gareth

wow Val, another great find, wonder what kind of songs he will sing this time?

Had to look up where it is, Isle of Wight. Is that easy for you to get to?

Not really Khelda. Quite a lot further than Poole. I think it will probably be the same set at both places.

Guest NicolaJayne

wow! Great find Val, That is wonderful for people living on the Isle Of Wight, Its fantastic that Gareth is getting around and doing all these gigs gaining more fans along the way.

I think Alison Parry is marketing and managing him very well.

Great for people who live that way, I wish Gareth would do a show up North . It's rather a nice write up :thumbsup:

http://www.shanklint...rt/details.aspx

Born in Bradford in July 1984 Gareth Gates always knew he wanted to be a performer. It’s well known as a young boy he was head chorister for Bradford Cathedral Choir, even performing solo for the Queen when she visited in 1997. What’s less well known is that he has a natural gift for music and as well as being a faultless vocalist he is an accomplished musician, playing piano and guitar to a high standard.

In 2002 Gareth was famously runner up to will Young in the UK’s first Pop Idol. Instead of disappearing into ‘Pop Oblivion’ he carved out a very successful career for himself, having hits and travelling worldwide

It is a great write-up Heather. I didn't realize there was one if you clicked on the event. Stupid me.

Nice to see some really relevant things written about Gareth's musical accomplishments for a change. Thanks for posting the write-up. :thumbsup:

There's a meet and greet after this event

http://events.onthewight.com/2011/11/18/gareth-gates-live

Performing his best hits Gareth Gates is coming to Shanklin Theatre for one night only.

Gareth has sold over 3.5million records since his time on Pop Idol and has scored 4 UK number 1 singles including: Unchained Melody and Long and Winding Road as well as a much loved Comic Relief single.

More recently Gareth has been performing in West End musicals Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat and Les Miserables on tour.

After his set Gareth will be doing a Meet & Greet with his fans.

Tickets £18 available from Shanklin Theatre Box office call: 01983 868000 or online at www.shanklintheatre.com.

A local warm up band will be onstage from 8pm. Event presented by M.A.X Events.

This gig looks great. Gareth playing guitar and doing an acoustic set

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/gareth-goes-acoustic-41128.aspx

m33_newsimg_2b00ad5f-85fa-4622-b61a-2f4c79bc653f.jpg?width=350&height=350

Gareth Gates will be playing at Shanklin Theatre next month.

GARETH Gates will showcase his guitar skills to a Shanklin audience at a one-off show in November.

The Pop Idol 2002 runner-up will perform an acoustic set at Shanklin Theatre on Friday, November 18.

There will also be an opportunity for fans to meet Gareth after the show at a special meet and greet.

Tickets are available from the box office.

I think it's more to do with the licensing of the venue. Some concerts are over 18s, or over 14s because they operate a bar and are more like clubs. There will be different expectations of venues if it's to be open to Under 18s. This venue will be open to under 18s. :D

• 3 weeks later...