Acoustic Gig Sunday December 18th Stratford-on-Avon

eternal

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great report Val. Very detailed, and in particular well done on remembering all of the songs.

I don't blame you for wanting to concetrate on the performance, but I would like to get a full version of Sweet Child of Mine, the way he sang it at Maidstone with the piano sometime. I'm not fussed about an actual video, more the audio - so if anyone manages to catch it, I'll be very grateful. :wub:

I am a little bit surprised Gareth didn't do any Christmas tunes, but perhaps he's not had time to rehearse any with this band. I think it would have been a nice addition, and something a bit seasonal.

Guest NicolaJayne

Your report of the gig and your pics are amazing Val. I would have loved to have been there, and love his choice of songs. So pleased the gig was so popular and people queueing to get in.Also that he won the two young men round who were obviously just jealous. So pleased you managed to have a chat with him after and went home happy. Can't believe how good you are remembering all those songs as I know I couldn't..

Apologies for my late posting (just things happen beyond our control sometimes).

Val has given a great report and has really covered most things that happened on the night. I can only fill in a few of the gaps (personal ones too).

I was originally going to the gig with my other half as it was the sort of gig I thought he would have enjoyed and wanted him to see Gareth in this type of venue. I know Val has a had a few dissapointments this year with the Poole gig being cancelled and her being delayed at another so asked if she wanted to join us. Fate certainly stepped in this night because my other half was ill and not able to make it so if Val hadn't been coming I wouldn't have been able to make it, as I wouldn't have braved it on my own. As Val was only able to book a twin hotel room I was able to share her room. Fate once again.

The gig was just fantastic. The venue small and intimate but just full of atmosphere. The both sitting and standing worked so well. Those guys at the bar and at the back able to punch the air so more readily to the rock numbers, when standing.

Like Val mentioned there were some guys at the bar who I assumed were locals and had been let in the latter part of the night. I think they had, had a few to drink and I was watching them to see their reactions. It was certainly the rock numbers that surprised them and really got them joining in. I also think they would have been more than suprised at the strength of Gareth's voice and also at his choice of music. Appearing with such a 'cool' fantastic pianist and Pete the guitarist,also made for such an impressive sound.

Gareth absolutely loved it. Who would have thought he would have done two performance already that day? He was fresh and raring to go and certainly delivered a brilliant set.

Let me add here just a little which I know Val certainly wouldn't have included, due to her modesty. At the end of the gig the organisers announced that if people wanted to queue, Gareth would be happy to have photos taken and sign autographs. This was an unexpected added bonus. The whole of the audience queued!! However it made for people chatting in the queue able to tell their tales of how long they had been a fan etc.

When Val finally got to Gareth and he asked her who he should sign to she said Val. Something prompted Gareth to ask if she was Val C and Gareth's delight at finally meeting Val was just lovely. He threw his arms around her and thanked her so much time and again for her support. For a person who doesn't need to be in the limelight but who quietly supports Gareth in every way she can, it was a very special genuine moment. I really hope she doesn't mind me posting about it. Oh by the way Val you held up the queue with Gareth trying to talk to you so much!!!

It is lovely seeing the photos and a reminder of the set list. Val was taking notes during the gig and taking photos to share while I selfishly enjoyed every note sung. (I am rubbish at photos).

How lovely to see the videos from Amy too. Seeing Amy's euphoria at finally meeting Gareth after 10 years being a fan was just lovely too.

Can only conclude, it was an absolutely fab evening and if anyone gets the chance to see Gareth in this type of venue, no matter how far the distance to travel, I would only encourage you to go. It is so worth every mile covered.

I really hope she doesn't mind me posting about it.

Well, you've done it now, so its too late :lol: You know me, I was going to keep it to myself, but I will say it was a very special moment for me which I'll never forget :wub:

Just want to thank you again Chris for inviting me to come with you. It was a night that will remain with me for a long long time and certainly made up for a few disappointment in the last year.

Great report Eternal, I love all the little details. So pleased you could go and that you and Val had a brilliant time. And how lovely of Gareth to be so appreciative of Val, whos does so much to promote him. :thumbsup:

Love those clips, thanks so much to Amy and everyone helping so that we can all watch them. :)

Really enjoyed both reports ladys there was so much detail given which I really loved! Glad you both had a wonderful night. :) Loving the set list would love to attend a gig like this in the near future. Can't wait to get home to watch videos now.

Guest NicolaJayne

So pleased for you Val that Gareth wanted to chat and thank you for your support, its only what you deserve with all the great promotion you do for him :D

Also thank you Chris for telling us about it, Gareth is such a special person and really appreciates his fans.