Upton Festival 2012, Sunday 26th August

Val4Gareth

Thanks Val , that looks like an interesting Line up . I like Hazel O'Conner , Alvin Stardust and Mungo Jerry . I also liked Dave Dee Dozy , Beaky , Mick and Tich , but should be OK without Dave Dee although he was my favourite . It's too far for me I think, but should be great on a fine sunny day :thumbsup:

Guest NicolaJayne

Think its too far for me too, but sounds great, I also like a few of the other acts, Alvin Stardust and the Dave Dee group but what happened to Dave Dee Heather.

They have certainly dug deep for those pics of Gareth.

Forgot to say thanks for finding this Val.

Think its too far for me too, but sounds great, I also like a few of the other acts, Alvin Stardust and the Dave Dee group but what happened to Dave Dee Heather.

Thanks Val - so pleased Gareth will be doing at least one festival - we know how much he likes going to them himself.

Elaine, Dave Dee died, last year I think. He was living quite close to me in Cheshire and had become an antiques dealer and a

Magistrate!

Dave Dee sadly died Elaine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7820435.stm

I think we will have to wait and see if Gareth will be performing his new music , the way they have used old pics and advertising him from Pop Idol for all Mum's and kids doesn't convince me . I hope when Gareth or Ali confirms this they will let us know . I would probably travel for Gareth and band with new music :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I don't think it counts as a rumour when you are simply reporting that something has been announced and giving a link. Rumour more usually describes information that is passed around with no obvious source that isn't possible to verify. It's the "I heard it from a man in the pub" type of story.

In this case, you simply posted that it had been announced by the organisers that Gareth was involved. As it turns out, Gareth hasn't actually confirmed his involvement, but everything you wrote is true, and it was easy to verify by clicking on the links your provided. :D

I like to think we're all bright enough to know the difference between something being formally announced by Gareth and his management, and something being announced by an event organiser, or an actual rumour on twitter. I've have missed several really good things if I'd not found out about them until Gareth's team formally announced them, especially all of the ones they never announced at all! However, I would never spend money on tickets or booking hotels unless I was confident the event was definitely going ahead and Gareth was definitely supposed to be there.