Gareth's new website - LIVE NOW!

pongo999

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Janice I did post a thread for this, but didn't realize you'd already started one.

Fantastic news and news we've been waiting so long for. I wonder if the intention all along was to launch it in time for all the Hair news. Can't wait to see what its like. Think it will be fantastic.

Thank you so much Janice for posting this on here :) I also really cannot wait what it will be like and i'm sure it will be worth it :) will be after 8 at night before I see it as doing a 122 hour shift tomorrow lol but will be worth the wait :thumbsup: i'm sure we will get to see all the photoes from the shoot they did a while back too :D x

Guest NicolaJayne

So happy that we are at last getting an official site for Gareth. Can't wait to see it.

Won't be the same without message boards though, so thank goodness for GPG

Guest NicolaJayne

I am also disappointed in the music if they were just going to put up one video with a link to You Tube I would have thought they would have chosen a far superior one.

I've only had a chance to have a very quick look at the new site as I've only just got home from work, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the videos. When Ali told me there were going to be videos, I assumed she meant all the fantastic recordings from Gareth's releases and the brilliant ones that people have put up from his Musical Theatre songs, but the ones on there are very disappointing. There is more than one if you click on the arrow at the side, but only one of them, (the recording on Oceana) is a really high quality video which is what Gareth needs on his site if its to do him any benefit. As it is it makes the whole site look amateurish.

Love the Question and Answer section and the photos are really lovely.

Haven't really looked at anything else yet.

I really think they need a music section where people can listen to Gareth's songs, and hopefully they will add new ones.

Thanks for telling us there are more videos Val, have to agree with you, I also hoped they would have videos up of all of Gareth's singles.

I have only just had time to look at Gareth's new site . I only noticed one video and it's the worse one I have listened to from Bridlington, there are so many much better quality vids on YouTube from that day . The site isn't as good as I was hoping for , but I hope it will improve as it goes along .

This is very exciting - long overdue, lol, but good to have it up and running.

I like the overall look. It's simple, but stylish. Hopefully simple enough that Gareth and his team can keep it updated regularly without having to go back to an instruction manual!

I like that the main page isn't too cluttered and has widgets to pull together the main stuff, and to direct people to twitter and Facebook etc. There is a specific page for Gareth's biography, but that's quite long and you have to do a lot of reading to find out what Gareth is doing these days. It might be a good idea to have a summary of what Gareth is doing now (in just one or two sentences) above the "Latest Headlines"

I'm assuming there are plans for more photos, as it seems a bit much to have links to Photos in the top bit and a specific widget - for just four images that all scroll across the page by the time you've got as far as clicking on any other links! I'm looking forward to that, and hopefully a couple of photos with Gareth smiling? :D

It is a little bit confusing the difference between "events" and "media". I would have thought it would be good to have Gareth's tv appearances in "events" - either that or rename it "performances" or something if they just intend that to be for when Gareth is singing. It also looks as if they have been adding content for a while, which may explain why the list of dates for Hair is the out of date version that was floating around ages ago. It's a shame they've not managed to get that correct in time for the launch.

I'm also disappointed at the lack of attention towards Gareth's music. At first glance I thought they must be merging it all into "Videos", but apparently not. I don't know what they are trying to achieve with the "videos" section, but all they've done is made a poorly thought out playlist that does Gareth no favours at all. It's wrong on so many levels and it worries me that Gareth and his manager think it's good for him.

None of Gareth's offficial music videos included - but a couple of unreleased demos turned into fan videos from YEARS ago are apparently what Gareth and his management think the world should see! Given the choice of a video of Gareth singing "His Eye is on the Sparrow" at the Royal Albert Hall, recorded by professional camera and sound men, or in Pizza Express, with their logo in the background and kitchen noises in the background, recorded by an excited fan - and they've gone for the fan version. I loved watching the fan version - and have done many times (thanks June), and it's the sort of thing that is fantastic for fans to share on a forum, or add to their personal playlists, but not for something like this. It's just so cheap looking.

Even doing it the lazy way and not hosting any videos directly, and relying on playlists, they should have broken it down into themes. One for Gareth's official videos, one for Live Performances, one for musical theatrical stuff, and one for interviews etc. But for all they have done, they'd have been as well giving the link to the YouTube home page and suggesting we enter the search term "Gareth Gates". :wtf:

I'll stop here. I don't want to offend anyone. Rest assured, I'm not criticising any individual YouTube clips - more how they are being used, and why so much good stuff has been neglected.

Gareth;s new site looks exciting,loving a lot of the content and the future plans for involving fans.

The music and video content is dire,I cannot believe that Gareth or his management have had anything to do with choosing them.Fans that cannot go to Gareth's gigs are really greatful to the people who can and post the video on youtube for us to enjoy,I;m sure they don't make them to be used on his web page as a way of showcasing his music to the world.The first video shown when visiting the site makes Gareth look like a busker.Really disappointed.

I too am liking some of the website. I love the photos and their settings.

However where is the MUSIC section?

Where are the links to Gareth's released albums and where is the chance on the site to hear Gareth's voice?

The video section is very poor indeed. Gareth has sung all around the world. He has sung in the biggest of arenas. He has sung at The Royal Albert Hall. He has sung in the biggest musicals and in the biggest theatres and yet the video that appears to any visitor is when Gareth sang in a shopping centre. Surely Gareth can't have chosen these to reflect his last 10 years in music.

LOL Doris - you have summed up what I was trying to say in far fewer words! :lol:

If anyone is struggling to watch the videos through the website, it is essentially this YouTube playlist embedded.

If you go to the playlist itself, you can see the list, which only illuminates the baffling video selection. They aren't even in a meaningful order.

I've spent all afternoon trying to make sense of the music section, to no avail. To come on here and see my thoughts echoed by so many people makes me even more sad for Gareth. Can't put into words how disappointed I am for him and his beautiful music. I've been a fan of Gareth's for ten years and for me its always been about the music and I'm sorry to say what's been put on this fantastic site will make him a laughing stock. (as if he hasn't already had enough of that in the past). Just feel like crying for him as I'm sure this couldn't have been what he wanted. :(