Gareth's new website - LIVE NOW!

pongo999

Guest NicolaJayne

I have to agree with everything Snowdrop has said especially this

{quote}

None of Gareth's offficial music videos included - but a couple of unreleased demos turned into fan videos from YEARS ago are apparently what Gareth and his management think the world should see! Given the choice of a video of Gareth singing "His Eye is on the Sparrow" at the Royal Albert Hall, recorded by professional camera and sound men, or in Pizza Express, with their logo in the background and kitchen noises in the background, recorded by an excited fan - and they've gone for the fan version. I loved watching the fan version - and have done many times (thanks June), and it's the sort of thing that is fantastic for fans to share on a forum, or add to their personal playlists, but not for something like this. It's just so cheap looking.

Even doing it the lazy way and not hosting any videos directly, and relying on playlists, they should have broken it down into themes. One for Gareth's official videos, one for Live Performances, one for musical theatrical stuff, and one for interviews etc. But for all they have done, they'd have been as well giving the link to the YouTube home page and suggesting we enter the search term "Gareth Gates". :wtf: {quote}

Such a shame with Gareth it is all about his music and he has given some fantastic performances, but none of them on his O/S there are more professional video's on his unofficial sites which is crazy.I like the site overall. I think we need to request a music section with his official videos and hope that in the future things will change as Gareth has been let down. I also agree with Val that its very sad.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is any videos we feel should be there that are not there, it looks like we can send them in on their contact page

mailto:video@garethgates.com looks like this may be the only way go get on there what we feel should be there, and I think we can send suggestions to info@garethgates.com andhopefully they should take on board what people send to them a afterall to be honest no one is better at helpng Gareth than us the fans :) x

Thank goodness all Gareth's music videos from his singles have now been uploaded onto the new site. Makes it look a bit more like an OS for a musician rather than a fan site. Still several inferior video recording where much better quality ones were available, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Awww thats good to hear Val :) I didn't notice when I looked this morning, we can send in video's so for the better quality ones to get added we can always send them :) I understand why you was sad yesterday.

Last night I sent the Hir dates that wasn't on their list so hopefully they will get added soon.

Thank goodness all Gareth's music videos from his singles have now been uploaded onto the new site. Makes it look a bit more like an OS for a musician rather than a fan site. Still several inferior video recording where much better quality ones were available, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Thanks Val - that is so much better now - also the tv interviews which a lot of people won't have seen before. I wonder why they didn't get them on before though, they've had long enough to get it ready!

I think Changes and Angel on my shoulder videos are still missing in the list. But pleased to see lots more content now. :)

Changes is on there Inge, but almost at the end of the playlist. Don't think Angel On My Shoulder was ever uploaded to YouTube was it. Is anyone able to do it now? It seems a shame that that one should be missing. I have to say though, it would be better if the singles were to play at the beginning of the list rather than at the end. And it still starts off with the amateur fan video when you go through to the YouTube channel, even though its showing the Sky News interview when when you first click on the Video section.

I think the official videos should be separate from live performances, which should be separate from interviews etc. It's right the videos are on there, or else it's like they've forgotten Gareth has had a very successful chart career (which a lot of people already do), but a lot of people aren't going to sit through all of the videos they've already seen on the off-chance there is something new later on. I imagine if people go to the "video" page and see a still from one of Gareth's official videos, they'll assume that's all there is - not without some text to explain it. A couple of extra embedded widgets would be a much more user friendly way to do it.

I also think that it would be best for them to upload good quality versions of Gareth's videos to his own YouTube channel, then use them to make sure they are available in all countries etc.

I'd need to give it some thought as to how to explain it. It seems blatently obvious to me that the way they've done it isn't going to work. It would be one of those emails where you don't know where to start.

It is sort-of nice that they say "get in touch with suggestions", but we all gave suggestions when the website was first proposed, and I think they should be providing the content. I can go directly to YouTube if I want to watch random grainy videos of Gareth.

Where are we supposed to be looking for these, please :withstupid: ?

Much as I'm disappointed with the way the Music has been handled on the new site, it seems Gareth has put a lot of thought into how he's designed the layout of the rest of the site. It hadn't occurred to me that anything different had been done, as I know very little about setting up such a site or of the problems some disabled people have with websites. However I received this last night from a young lady who has very severe sight problems. She can't see the pictures people put links to and often asks me to explain just how Gareth looks in the pics people put up, so that she can picture him in her mind. She very much admires Gareth's voice especially his renditions of the Musical Theatre songs he has been singing for the last few years. She is having voice coaching and her aim is to be a singer herself one day.

She sent this to me in several separate messages on Twitter as charaters are limited, so I have joined them together for you to see.

it's looking fab :). And thanks go out to the web designer(s). Whether they they meant to or not, they've set it up very well for those of us using speech software. loving having the same access as sighted peers. Few web designers bother considering this in my experience :)

I emailed this to info@garethgates.com

I'm not sure who has control over doing this on Twitter but is there any chance Gareth could be verified on there? as I see other official Twitters with a blue tick showing they have been verified.

Thanks

Maria x

and they replied with Hi Maria,

That's a good idea. Thanks for suggesting it. We will look into that.

Kind regards,

Gareth's Team