Pizza Express Maidstone 1.6.12

eternal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Would be great if you could go Suzie as this is an opportunity not to be missed as you will be so near. Fingers crossed that your friend is in agreement to it, has she ever seen Gareth before?

Thanks everyone :) I do hope he releases some more gigs that suits everyone too I am dreaming of Ireland one day! I am working on this :) I can't see her really saying no as she is very laid back but I will have to see what else we can do in kent to sell it to her as it looks like we will have to stay the night. Yeah she has been to see him before in Joseph, Les Mis and Bath.

• 1 month later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Yes its getting near only 3 weeks to go. I am very much looking forward to this as I have never been to anything like this before, where you are sat at tables having a meal and Gareth performing. I don't even like Pizza but think food will be not my main priority LOL

The only other time I have had a meal and seen Gareth was years ago at the Bradford Banquet and that went by in a bit of a blur as I was very overwelmed to find myself in the same room as him.

I doesn't matter how many times you see Gareth Sophie its never any less mesmorising although the magic of the first time stays with you forever as you just cannot believe you're there like when you first seen him in Les Mis, which for me was when he first came back after a break 5 years ago and I won a competition for a gig which was showcasing songs from his latest album.

Elaine you are very lucky to be able to go to this and its so deserving too especially as you not been to this type of gig before :) its getting so close now x

Guest NicolaJayne

I realise I am very lucky to be going Maria and not taking it for granted.

At the Banquet the meal came before Gareth entered the room and everyone had finished eating when he did, hoping that is the case this time as who can think of food when Gareth is present. I know I will get nervous and also get very excited. Don't really know how it works as you are quaranteed a table but not in any particular place. don't know if its first come first served as to how near the front your table is or if it goes on how early you booked.

• 3 weeks later...

That has come around quickly.

I would expect there is a new song list, or at least would hope so. It would be a bit lazy and unimaginative to do a lot of the same songs when returning to the same venue almost a year later.

Fingers crossed that his pianist knows where to go this time! :lol:

Looks like Gareth may be singing a couple of his new songs at Maidstone on Friday. So wish it wasn't so far away for me.

@Gareth_Gates finished writing new songs on Sunday with Pete... shall i play a couple on Friday in Maidstone?!

Very exciting isn't it. I believe Gareth will be singing some of the new music at several other gigs he's going to be doing through the Summer. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to hearing about what he sings at Maidstone. I believe you're going aren't you Elaine. You'll have to take it all in and relay it back to us. :thumbsup:

Guest NicolaJayne

I will promise to try and remember as much as possible to report back, but I have to admit to going into a bit of a trance when Gareth is performing in the flesh and up close. LOL

This is a very exciting development. Even though I can't go, I will be delighted if Gareth does try out something new of his own. It means it's another step closer to it being ready for general consumption. :D

This is a very exciting development. Even though I can't go, I will be delighted if Gareth does try out something new of his own. It means it's another step closer to it being ready for general consumption. :D

I agree, I'm gutted I won't be there to hear Gareth new music but hopefully we will all get to hear it before too long :)

Guest NicolaJayne

I haven't looked today but there were still tickets available when I checked yesterday.

Just looked on your link Val and there are tickets still available.

I did say either on Twitter or Facebook I think its sold out as I remember a while back someone saying it had and i'm definitley not imagining it, I want to help people see Gareth, not prevent them by getting something wrong :( wish I hadn't said anything, all I can do now is help spread the word as best I can.

Thanks Val for posting the link to get the remaining tickets :)