BBC Radio Leeds, 16th May 2012

This looks like another opportunity to hear Gareth doing an interview if you live up North.

@BBCLeeds 1on1 Weds at 2 @Gareth_Gates His story from Brad Cathedral choir to Pop Idol Les Mis and why he is supporting Foster Carers @lizgreenlive

Liz has just tweeted to say it will be on iPlayer afterwards.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks Val just read that on Twitter and managed to sign in with a reset password after being locked out ages, my account was hacked last time. I have so many problems on there.

So pleased to hear we will be able to listen to it on I Player after.

Thank you for the link Snowdrop to listen again.

FAB interview... probably the best radio interview Gareth has ever done!! Gareth said himself

It's one of the nicest interviews I've done in a while

Really liked his 5 song choices too! he seems to have a similar music taste to my Dad !!!!

I loved the fact that they covered quite a lot of topics eg Pop Idol, His musical theatre career, getting the role in Loserville. He obviously also mentioned stammering and the McGuire programme !!! and we got to listen to him chatting away for a WHOLE HOUR ahhhh bliss !! & the radio presenter Liz Green was FAB !!!

She posted this picture of her & Gareth ! :wub:

AtBkrMqCQAEIKan.jpg

I think you can listen again soon on the website !! :thumbsup:

Brilliant Sophie.

I had hoped to listen in but wasn't able so any news is gratefully received.

One whole hour is wonderful. I wonder if this time allowed Gareth to relax into it?

What were his five song choices can you remember? (You've obviously got a young dad)!!

Hey Chris.... yeah Gareth definetely relaxed into the interview!

His 5 song choices were :

• Kene "this is the last time"
  • a song by Foreigner (can't remember it's name)
  • Bon Jovi "Always"
  • Guns & Roses "Sweet child of mine"
  • and lastly, Adele "Someone like you"

My Dad is 44 :turned: and I'm 19 (20 soon ha!) so yeah he's quite young !!

It made me laugh when Liz asked if Gareth had any messages for his fans....

Gareth said :

I LOVE YOU ! No I'm very, very lucky that I've got some great fans
:thumbsup::jump:

Yup noticed once i posted the link it said 2 hours starting at 12.00 so I knew it wouldn't have the Gareth interview on which must mean it will get put on seperate as she said on Twitter it would go on listen again :)

thanks for the songlist Sophie :) its really sweet what he said about the fans when asked if he has any messages.

Hey Chris.... yeah Gareth definetely relaxed into the interview!

His 5 song choices were :

• Kene "this is the last time"
  • a song by Foreigner (can't remember it's name)
  • Bon Jovi "Always"
  • Guns & Roses "Sweet child of mine"
  • and lastly, Adele "Someone like you"

My Dad is 44 :turned: and I'm 19 (20 soon ha!) so yeah he's quite young !!

It made me laugh when Liz asked if Gareth had any messages for his fans....

Gareth said :

I LOVE YOU ! No I'm very, very lucky that I've got some great fans

:thumbsup::jump:

Thanks for the list Sophie. I think I heard Gareth say once his dad was a fan of Foreigner. Quite an eclectic choice of songs too.

Hear Hear to the great fans. We are the best :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link Maria. You are a gem.

Looks like I am going to have to install an update Adoebe to listen to it (when it appears). This is when I get frustrated.

Guest NicolaJayne

Just listened on the link. It was Gareths best interview ever so proud of him. Honest, no holds barred and showed his great sense of humour, you could tell he really enjoyed it.

Liz Green obviously loved Gareth which isn't surprising and the Jorden quip was all taken in good part.

Covered most of his career, and what a career, think we could do with him bringing another book out. A lot has happened since Pop Idol and it would make very interesting reading.

Caught up with the interview this evening as I had to go out this afternoon and missed half of it. This was by far the best interview I've ever heard Garaeth do. That's if you can call it an interview. It was more like a chat with a long standing friend. So much admiration from Liz for Gareth and wasn't he just lovely. :wub:

Was also nice that Liz mentioned the lovely tweets from GPG. GPG may not tweet very often but when you do, they are very relevant and always in Gareth's interest and not your own. :thumbsup: