BBC Radio Leeds, 16th May 2012

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for the link - just listened to the interview and really enjoyed it. Gareth sounded so happy and relaxed, hoping for more of the same on Graham Norton who I think is a very funny interviewer.

I've just managed to listen to this and can see why everyone loved it so much. The whole thing felt very natural, and it felt like they could have kept talking for much longer, which is the sign of a great interview and great interviewer.

It's an understatement to say that Liz loves Gareth. She couldn't have gushed more about how good Gareth was in Les Miserables! :lol: Nothing we haven't all been saying, but it's good to have it said so publicly by someone in her position. I'm sure her listeners respect her opinion, and this sort of interview will have got Gareth heard by a lot of the people who wouldn't read the showbiz sections of newspaper or magazines, so might have had no idea what Gareth has been doing.

I have clipped the interview, so it is safe and can be made available after it's no longer on the iPlayer. But for now, I encourage people to listen to it on http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00rk63q/ - you can even make it one of your "favourites". :D

No problem. I'm not sure if listening figures go back to the radio stations, but if they do - then it looks good when anything Gareth appears in has a healthy number of plays. I'm sure a radio station like BBC Leeds would be delighted to have Gareth on any time, so it is probably more important that fans watch official clips of the BBC News interview. They didn't originally clip it - and it is unusual for them to add clips a whole day later, so I think that's down to those who asked for it. If it gets enough views, they'll know to do it straight away next time!

The same applies to the Graham Norton show on iPlayer and also the podcast. You can see the relative popularity of recent podcasts on iTunes. http://itunes.apple....ton/id465074853

Someone isn't doing their job properly if they don't check these things. And listening to the radio, it's obvious that individual DJs place a lot of importance in how often their podcasts are downloaded.

I was finishing an exam in Leeds when this was orginially on but I managed to listen to the interview via the website. It was a brilliant interview, I liked Gareth's song choices and thought it was great that it covered quite a lot. I agree with what I've read others say and I too think it's one of the best (if not the best) interview I've heard Gareth do.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's that interview again for you to listen aain, and again if you wish. :D

I've edited out all of the music, so it's just Gareth chatting. :wub:

BTW, if you think you are having deja vu, I briefly uploaded it before, but had to delete as I needed to change something.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thankyou Snowdrop this is a lovely interview, too good to be forgotten about. This is a wonderful site for being able to watch things again and when I have more time its great that I can watch it again and again.

Here's that interview again for you to listen aain, and again if you wish. :D

I've edited out all of the music, so it's just Gareth chatting. :wub:

BTW, if you think you are having deja vu, I briefly uploaded it before, but had to delete as I needed to change something.

Thanks Snowdrop , I'll look forward to listening to Gareth's great interview on Radio Leeds at my leisure :wub:

Well I have just managed to listen to this interview.

Isn't it just one of the best? I love Liz's approach and she obviously gels with Gareth.

He is very honest and also very adamant with some of his replies.

Just a few of the phrases that Liz uses:

In Les Mis she said Gareth was "Gobsmackingly good", "Astonishingly fantastic" and "Drop Dead gorgeous". (Think she liked him in the part)!

She also talked of Gareth as "Bradford's finest". Am liking this too :thumbsup:

Did anyone pick up on Gareth opening a new academy in Leeds? He certainly is going to be very busy.

Thanks Snowdrop for uploading it. Whilst I would have liked to hear Gareth's choices of music during the actual interview at the time, it was so good to concentrate on what he had to say.

Thought it interesting how many guys texted in to show support to him too.

Eternal, I made sure that all references to the songs was included, so you know exactly what Gareth chose and what he said about each track. They are all already available on YouTube or Spotify, so you can listen to them there.

I needed to remove them from the clip or I'd get copyright messages, and stupid adverts would appear, with the record companies of the songs listed claiming royalties. It also reduced the size of the clip, making it easier to upload and means that fans don't need to faff around fast forwarding through songs if they don't want to hear them. I think it's easier to press pause and listen to them elsewhere if that's what you want to do. :)

I obviously didn't make it clear what I meant.

I was trying to say that if I had heard the interview at the time of it going out, I would have enjoyed listening to Gareth's songs but it was a treat just to hear what he had to say, without the songs.

The written word often comes across different to what is meant.

The interview was brill.

This was repeated on Radio Leeds today. Unfortunately, I didn't find out until after I'd left for work today, so was only able to tweet about it, but hopefully some people managed to tune in.

If not, and you want to hear the full thing (includin the songs), it's available to "listen again" here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/p00ss8vf

They have cut the very beginning off, but you will get the gist of it! :wub: