Loserville fan reports (any date)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww thanks for taking the time to post this report and all these wonderful pics :D bless you especially after only 4 hours sleep after being up over 24 hours, yup deffo nuts doing stuff like this lol but wouldn't have it any other way.

I sure do agree with you on seeing the show from the right hand side like last time for a certain reason haha but in general such an outstanding show lik you and everyone who has been have said :D x

A great report Sarahjane :) especially after only having 4 hours sleep after being up 24 hours,eek deffo agree your are nuts but i can't talk have done that too in the past with you and Maria LoL!

Great pictures too :) just wish i could of made it again but like you said i had to take my daughter for a speach thearapy assessment.

Can't really add anything more about the show than has already been said. I thought the scene changes were very clever and very slickly done. As for the show itself, I actually enjoyed the second half better than the first if I'm honest, even though Gareth didn't sing much in the second half. The music wasn't really my cup of tea but I can see how it would appeal to the younger fans. Thought Gareth's acting was spot on. Far more convincing than the rest of the cast with the exception of Eliza Hope Bennett (Hollie) who I thought was fantastic. The rest I thought were perhaps trying a bit too hard with their emphasis. Wasn't at all keen on Chris Hardman. His character really irritated me.

We saw Gareth after the show and had a few words with him. In his words his cold is `so-so' but to me I would never have known he had one if he hasn't said he did. (lol) Also saw Suzanne and Missy along with Jessica, waiting patiently for him to get through his pics and signings. Suzanne was lovely and Missy was occupying herself at the childrens play area, where was she preparing pretend vegetables on a chopping board, ready to `make soup for her Daddy'. She gets more adorable every time I see her.

Had a lovely day and want to thank everyone in our party who made it possible for me. It was also nice to see Elaine, Muireen and their hubbies both before and after the show. Looking forward to seeing you all again on Thursday, along with anyone else going,for MM. .

Thanks for your report Val , I'm glad you enjoyed the show , I just hope Loserville gets a chance to show to a wider audience to show what Gareth can do . Great that you met Gareth and Family , I thought that children's corner in the cafe would come in handy for Missy :D

What a fab day yesterday. :thumbsup:

I absolutely loved the show. It was fast, it was furious and it was very energetic.

Gareth played the part of Eddie the rich kid so, so well and I just loved his facial expressions. The end scene with the suit and white shirt was an unexpected treat too! (Sarahjane I missed your photos in a previous post but so nice to relive those scenes) :thumbsup:

The production as a whole was so visual with it's continual moving scenery, be it from the stage or the cast themselves.

I thought the whole team worked so well together but for me the oustanding actors were Richard Lowe as Lucas(he had a good singing voice) and Daniel Buckley as Marvin .Eliza Hope Bennett as Holly had a really lovely singing voice and she played the part really well.( I wasn't keen on the part of Lil Chris(Francis) and how he portrayed it. Towards the end it was irritating me).

I loved the music and it was great to have the band on stage (although it did drown out the singing in parts).

All in all a fabulous show that I can see having a bit of a cult following, if it should transfer to the West End. There were several people buying the merchandise and that is always a good sign. It certainly has lots of appeal to a young audience but a huge feel good factor too.

What a reminder too of life before email :iiam:

I loved the theatre itself and it was a huge bonus for the stage door to be, just where we went to have coffee after!!

Seeing Gareth with Suzanne and Missy as their very strikingly handsome family unit was another huge bonus. Missy so patient standing by mommy, while daddy signs yet another autograph.

I had fabulous day and once again was good to meet with other Gareth fans. Valr was our accountant, our purchasing clerk and our waitress. You will be pleased to know that your trial is over Val and we can offer you the job permanently :lol: Thanks.

Valr was our accountant, our purchasing clerk and our waitress. You will be pleased to know that your trial is over Val and we can offer you the job permanently :lol: Thanks.

Am still laughing at this! :lol: What would we do without you Val.You have my thanks too for making the say so much less stressful, not having to remember tickets and so on. Mind Doris is a very good back-up when you're not available.

I forgot to mention Richard Lowe, but I do agree with you both. He was very good.

thanks for your reports val and eternal im glad you enjoyed the show and meeting gareths family.your welcome for screenshots they bring back good memories of show i have the video that was shown on tv in theatre on my camera but dunno how to share videos lol.i took pic of eddie poster too and managed to get it made into a poster at max spielman fo my bedroom wall it did not come out too bad atall got him next o my bed to comfort me when i wake from bad dreams.i loved him in his eddie jacket reaally suited him and that sexy suit towards end hehe his so charismatic perfect for playing eddie.im hoping they do a cd of it so we can listen to our fav songs from show when we want with cast singing them hehe.i liked lil chris character found him quite funny but everyones different.thought holly had brill voice though leia had great voice too love how she put on that funny talking to sound like that lol.lucas did have great voice i agree and marvin was good and the girl that collected the tin foil.great cast i thought could not ask for better really.glad you enjoyed show sad seeing it come to a close though lets hope it goes west end james said he was hoping it would plus he menioned he was writting more songs for it :) love sarahjane xxx

Guest NicolaJayne

Brilliant reports Girls and lovely to see you all yesterday. Got a busy day today with the children as my daughter goes on holiday tomorrow so we have them all day.

Will maybe do a report later but not much I could add to what has already been written, you have described the show so well.

Lovely to see all of these new reports, especially as I saw it early in the run. Technically, it was no longer in previews when I saw it, and there were to be no more re-writes, but it was still before press night, and I could see mention of "notes" and odd rehearsals on twitter, so I'm sure it improved with time, especially for the less experienced cast, and in scenes that were perhaps at the bottom of the queue when it came to attention from the director.

I'm pleased to see you thinking that the guy playing Lucas was good. When I saw it, he stood out as someone who has great potential and his character shone when with the other geeks, but his solo song was a disappointment. It wasn't a lack of singing ability, but there was no light and shade and he was crying out for a bit of guidance in how to deliver a song like that effectively. That's down to the directors.

Got to agree about Eliza too. To me, she was the stand out star of the whole cast. Obviously, Gareth was brilliant, but he wasn't stretched. Eliza had big songs and small songs and handled both with ease, and her character went on more of a journey (to coin a phrase), so her acting style had to vary to match. Most of the geeks stayed geeky, while the jocks stayed jocky!

I did enjoy the Lil' Chris character, but I can easily see that it had the potential to become very annoying if he wasn't careful. He was praised in several of the reviews, and going by twitter, he's had a lot of positive feedback, but it's the kind of performance that has to be pitched right, and care needs to be taken not just to listen to your own fans and to think of what is appropriate in the show as a whole. I thought the guy playing Marvin was just as funny as Lil' Chris, but Lil' Chris went on tour with Busted, so he had a lot of ready-made fans in the audience who were egging him on. He is someone who I think has great potential, but it's up to the director to make sure his performance stays appropriate within the show.

I had fabulous day and once again was good to meet with other Gareth fans. Valr was our accountant, our purchasing clerk and our waitress. You will be pleased to know that your trial is over Val and we can offer you the job permanently :lol: Thanks.

OOOOps - obviously did the job too well, now I'm stuck with it!! :shifty:

I enjoyed the day too, really enjoyed Loserville and thought Gareth played the part really well - who knew he was so good at acting as well as singing!

Looking forward to MM on Thursday and seeing most of my Gareth friends again. :thumbsup: (We'll miss you Chris!)

Love Val xxx

Thanks for all your reports of Loserville yesterday,I had a great time,it was lovely meeting everyone who was there.I really enjoyed the show,everyone was so enthusiastic,thought "Hollie" and "Lucas" had lovely voices

Gareth was superb in the role of Eddie,his facial expressions were so realistic and funny,disappointed he didn't have more singing though

The lady and her daughter sat behind me,(the daughter was at drama school,) discussed everyones performance during the interval, about Gareth the mother said she wasn't very keen, he was to polished for the show.????

I thought it was great that the stage door was in the cafe,lovely waiting to see Gareth with a nice cup of tea .Suzanne Missy and Jess,sat waiting for Gareth there to.Missy was chopping a toy leek with a piece of paper on a bench,I knelt down and she was singing "Chop, chop, chopping",I asked her what else she was going to put in the soup,she showed me a tomato(singing Squash) and then a carrot. :thumbsup:

See you all again on Thursday for MM. :thumbsup:

The lady and her daughter sat behind me,(the daughter was at drama school,) discussed everyones performance during the interval, about Gareth the mother said she wasn't very keen, he was to polished for the show.????

Perhaps this was a bit of a back handed compliment? Did you manage to flick the ice-cream at her (accidentally of course)??

Missy was chopping a toy leek with a piece of paper on a bench,I knelt down and she was singing "Chop, chop, chopping",I asked her what else she was going to put in the soup,she showed me a tomato(singing Squash) and then a carrot. :thumbsup:

This is lovely. Aren't we so lucky that Gareth's family keep their distance and yet are so approachable and so friendly?

I have just been reading in the programme about Richard Lowe and this was his theatre debut. Agree Heather that it is a name we will hear more of in the future.

Guest NicolaJayne

Well had a really fabulous day yesterday at Loserville in Leeds, it was a long way and took us five hours to get there, but worth the effort and so pleased to have been there. It was lovely to see everyone especially Maureen and Alan who I have not seen for a very long time, down to the distance between us.

Brian and I arrived on Friday and had a lovely evening meal at OBM Chinese restaurant it was a buffet and never seen so much choice. Stayed at The Holiday Inn about 10 minutes walk from the city centre but I hardly recognised Leeds as it has changed so much in 26yrs since I moved South.

It was also really nice to meet up with the 2 Vals, Yvonne, Chris and Doris at the theatre.

What a beautiful Theatre it was too, with a lovely cafe, everything was perfect even the weather, which was warm and sunny.

I can't really add much to the show as its all been said.Gareth got a big cheer when he first appeared. I did think Gareth stood out from the rest but not sure if this was because of his appearance or because he may have appeared more polished, but then I am definately biased LOL. Loved the choice of costumes for him too, how handsome he looked in the dark blue blazer light beige trousers and striped red and grey tie and brown shoes, and then even better in the blue suit WOW!

I thought it was all very clever and loved the special effects especially the lighting in the computer room when it all lit up and then changed from silver to purple. It was really strange seeing Gareth being so horrid as this is the first time he has been a baddy, he was very convincing though.

Holly was very pretty and and even though she fell in love with the geek, I still felt sure Gareth would win her round in the end but no the geek won, which was a bit of a shock as we are not used to Gareth not getting the girl at the end.

It was altogether a very young and vibrant show, so energetic and lively, loved the dancing though the songs were not really my cup of tea. Maybe you have to listen to them a few times as I loved all the Busted hit songs. Loved the girls costume who collected the tin foil, no wonder she won first prize.

When we came out there was a queue formed by the green door and we joined it, though not all were there to see Gareth, Lil Chris seemed very popular too. They all came out in their turns and then eventually Gareth appeared with Suzanne and Missy. Had a quick pic and he signed our programmes. Not time to say much to him as he had so many people waiting for him,. I just said it didn't seem right him not getting the girl at the end even though he was a baddy and he just laughed and said maybe next time. Maureen gave him a copy of the DVD of Les Mis, and I told him she had worked very hard on that. I think that will be the only copy and will be lovely to look back on in years to come and show Missy.

Then went for a few words with Suzanne she looked beautiful and so very slim and was sitting in the playroom corner with Jessica while Missy was busy playing cooking and oblivious to everything that was going on.

I told her about the Les Mis DVD Maureen had given Gareth and she said she would get it off him and take it home so it didn't get lost. Very sensible as I exspect Gareth gets given lots of presents from fans.

Then eventually after signing and having pics taken with everyone it was time for them to leave and Gareth went giving us a wave.

We met up with everyone again outside and said our Goodbyes then it was time to all go our separate ways home.

But it was going to be a long time before we got home, so decided to go to a traditional fish and chip cafe in the centre, they are not the same down south and then went home very happy.

I will try and put my pic with Gareth on here if that is OK with everyone but will not post the pics with us all on. If anyone wants one then pm me and I will e-mail them. I just think that not everyone may want their pic on here and I wouldn't want to offend anyone.